[Share Experiences] Tutorial for Launching "Honkai: Star Rail" on Steam
Tofloor
poster avatar
SuperDavid
2024-09-13 11:08
Author

Tutorial for Launching "Honkai: Star Rail" on Steam

Currently, in deepin V23, you can't directly install the Wine Game Assistant. If you're like me, too lazy to manually add dependencies and worried about the risks of mixing repositories, starting "Honkai: Star Rail" can be a bit tricky. However, my original guide is still applicable, but today I've decided to add some new methods and update Method 4 in the original guide. By the way, playing games before the graduate entrance exam is probably not the best idea.

Original guide link: https://bbs.deepin.org/post/258871

Once everything is set up, your Steam should look like this:

So, how do you create this elegant "launcher"?

1. Open Steam, click on "Library," then check "Tools." Find Proton and download it (in theory, any version will do, but based on the original patch author's suggestion, it's recommended to download version 8.0 or above. I'll use version 9.0 as an example here).

1. Click on "Add a Game" in the bottom left corner, then select "Add a Non-Steam Game."
  2. Click "Browse"—make sure you don't select the game itself here, but the patch! This is similar to the configuration in the Wine Game Assistant.
  3. Select the patch, then click "Add Selected Programs."

1. At this point, your screen should look like this, but clicking "PLAY" won't start the game yet.

1. In the list, click on the patch you just added and then click "Properties" to continue setting it up.

1. In the "LAUNCH OPTIONS" field, enter the path to the game executable in the Wine container, making sure to include it in quotes. The path in the image is my own game's path within the Wine container—don't copy it exactly!

1. Click on "Compatibility," check "Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool," and then select the Proton version you just downloaded. Close the window.

At this point, you should be able to launch "Honkai: Star Rail" from Steam.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies

No replies yet