Tofloor
poster avatar
jd-9999
deepin
2019-12-02 22:58
Author
Edited by jd-9999 at 2019-12-2 16:58

Hi everyone,

I am a new user to deepin and linux in general.

I would like to use the Graphics Driver Manager app to control my dedicated and integrated graphics.
My graphics are Intel UHD 620 and AMD Radeon 530. However, they are not supported by the program.

While it seems like a fairly new program, I was surprised to not see a list of supported graphics cards. So I really have two questions:

1. Is there a list of supported graphics cards?
2. How do I ask for the program to support my graphics cards?

I have tried the following troubleshooting:
1. Reboot
2. Ensure all the dependencies for the xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu and xserver-sorg-video-intel are installed and up-to-date
3. Install the amd64-microcode and intel-microcode packages
4. Reboot

For further troubleshooting purposes, I have deepin 15.11, Intel i7-8550U, and Graphics Driver Manager version 1.1.10. Attached are two screenshots, one from Graphics Driver Manager and one from Driver Manager in Windows (I have a dual boot).

Thanks,
Jamie
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
an******[email protected]
deepin
2019-12-03 21:15
I consider that you need to  wait for the new release because  the last release will be fixed all problems,
Reply View the author
jd-9999
deepin
2019-12-08 02:36
Hi andru1236,

Thanks for responding quickly.

I am happy to wait for my graphics cards to be detected, but I still have the same questions. Is there a list of supported graphic cards, and if not, how can I request for my graphic cards to be supported?

Thanks,
Jamie
Reply View the author
dee2019
deepin
2019-12-08 10:02
Hi Jamie,
You can go to community/feedback/submit feedback to request a fix.
Have you check AMD's website to see if they offer linux driver to download?
Reply View the author
jd-9999
deepin
2019-12-09 02:02
Hi dee2019,

Yes, I have attempted to install AMD's gpupro driver, but it says "Unsupported OS" when attempting to install.
I am not aware of any Intel GPU software for linux, other than the generic one that lets me use the laptop display. But I can't optimise it.

I will submit feedback on the place you mentioned.

Thanks,
Jamie
Reply View the author