Change default file manager
Tofloor
poster avatar
icefire1
deepin
2019-07-17 22:27
Author
I have changed my default file manager to Nautilus in [size=14.6667px]~/.config/mimeapps.list. Which mostly works fine except for the case when an application tries to search for a file to open. E.g. when I go to Visual Studio Code and choose to 'Open file...' or 'Open folder...' I am not presented with Nautilus - instead I am presented with the Deepin file manager. [size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]I actually find the Deepin file manager very nice. However, when I need to open a file or folder Deepin is unable to do so! Which is a huge issue for me when working in Unity where I have to select and output folder for a build. [size=14.6667px]I have attached a gif of me trying to do so.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]This problem with selecting a folder only occurs in Unity. Not when I 'Open folder...' in Visual Studio code.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Any chance I can completely change my file manager to Nautilus or that this problem may be solved somehow? Seems like a bug to me, but I am ensure if the bug lies with Unity or with the Deepin file manager.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
aida
deepin
2019-07-18 01:05
try run in terminal

1. xdg-mime default org.gnome.Nautilus.desktop  inode/directory
Copy the Code
Reply View the author
icefire1
deepin
2019-07-18 01:13