Tofloor
poster avatar
matthijsknigge
deepin
2019-03-11 04:02
Author
Hi everyone,

This is kind of a beg for help...

I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 dualboot setup with Windows 10 and Deepin, and I am experiencing in an idle state overheat, and extreme fan RPM. This is not a call for help without havig proper research myself, or experimentation. But for my point of view, I have tried all advice that is available on the internet in order to fix this problem.

What I have done/tried so far:

- installed packages like thermald, i8ktools for manually or systematically setting system properties for cooling/fan control
    - installed official nvidia-prime drivers
    - completely disabled nvidia, and turn ofg power supply for it
    - updated BIOS, did system checks with windows, where everything is fine
    - blacklisted nouveau
    - disabled ACPI

And many more things. So actually I have no idea what to do. After reboot my laptop is in idle state having temperatures of 60 to 70 degrees celcius with fan RPM close to 5000.

So, if there is anyone who would like to share there experience, or time with me on solving this, that would be perfect. I understand that this would be time consuming. So I would be glad to a service in return, not like any weird shit, but ins something that I am good at. For example, I have a Bachelor degree in Bioinformatics, and a Master degree in Data Science. So I think it is fair to say that I like Mathematics and Statistics, and I have a lot of experience in R, Python, big data computing and data visualization. So in return I would like to offer help in an area like that, if needed.

With kind regards,

Matthijs

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
lululxvi
deepin
2019-03-11 14:01
I use Dell XPS 13 9370 with Windows 10 and Deepin without any problem. Have no idea of your case. Good luck.
Reply View the author
serhiyiv
deepin
2019-09-24 11:50
Hi, i have exactly the same issue with my 9570 i7. Idle temperature 60 to 70 sometimes it rises suddenly to 90. Its not windows issue as even in bios it gets always hot.  Did you find a solution for that?  This is my 3rd xps from dell and they are all terrible laptops.
Reply View the author
serhiyiv
deepin
2019-09-24 11:52
I have cleaned dust and repasted but no difference. What i noticed is that now it does not show cpu package temperature inside Intel XTU , so i think there is hardware issue
Reply View the author
serhiyiv
deepin
2019-09-24 11:54
Did you fix your laptop.?
Reply View the author