Reducing the Brightness
Tofloor
poster avatar
asangam
deepin
2017-12-15 10:16
Author
Hi, i'm looking for how can i change the true brightness of my screen, i'm using the latest Deepin version, coming from the WIndows OS i could have done that by sliding the brightness slider to the low however the sliders when moved to the least adds a overlay/filter like into the screen however i believe this is not the way to reduce the brightness all it is doing is adding a overlay of some greyish color which is personally don't prefer. Is there any way i can reduce the brightness of the screen truely?

Thanks in advance.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
c***[email protected]
deepin
2017-12-16 04:49
Edited by Chdslv at 2017-12-15 18:16

The way to change the screen brightness. All Settings > Display> Brightness or straight from All Settings main screen.
Reply View the author
yusren
deepin
2018-10-11 19:48
Quiet different for me here. The Screen Brightness Keyboard Key working just fine on my Toshiba Portege Z930. Screen brightness control does not reduce the background lighting level, but only deceives by adding a dark layer to the surface of the screen. I monitor the use of battery when my screen at the lowest and highest brightness,without doing any activity. The usage time of the battery is the same. My eyes also feel uncomfortable when the screen is at its dimest. My previous OS distro which really reduce the backlighting light. The eyes are comfortable at the lowest level. Please fix this. Thanks
Reply View the author
wtz
deepin
2018-10-12 22:40
This is probably due to lack of driver support for screen backlight.
While waiting for the fix, you may also try xgamma command, as suggested in this post: https://bbs.deepin.org/post/132856
Reply View the author