Thinkpad T430 Hardware buttons for volume work erratically
Tofloor
poster avatar
hadesagd
deepin
2017-12-04 17:40
Author
Hello All! I am quite new to Deepin 15.5 and enjoying it so far. Light on resources and very good looking! After installing it on my T430 i just have one gripe, the volume hardware buttons work erratically. Just after booting the system, if I press on any of the buttons (mute, volume up or volume down) it works once, the volume icon is displayed on the screen showing wether I am increasing, decreasing volume or muting, after that the buttons become unresponsive. I added the thinkpad_acpi module to the /etc/modules-load.d/modules.conf file to make sure that my thinkpad's hardware buttons worked. It does for the most part, fn+F keys work for switching on and off WiFi, controlling screen brightness, etc. But the volume keys are stubborn. I run the lsmod command to see what it does and this is the output...
  1. lsmod | grep thinkpad
  2. thinkpad_acpi                       86016  1
  3. nvram                                    16384  1 thinkpad_acpi
  4. snd                                            86016  15 snd_hda_intel, snd_hwdep, snd_hda_codec, snd_timer, thinkpad_acpi, snd_hda_codec_hdmi, snd_hda_codec_generic, snd_hda_codec_realtek, snd_pcm
  5. rfkill                                         24576  4 thinkpad_acpi,cfg80211
  6. video                                          40960  2 thinkpad_acpi,i915
Copy the Code
I'd say the module is working, but my volume controls are just acting weird! Any thoughts or help on how to get the buttons to work right will be most appreciated.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies

No replies yet