Problems with Win 10 updates
Tofloor
poster avatar
tuliosamadhi
deepin
2017-08-31 04:40
Author
Hi friends!

I am having some problems with Windows 10 updates that is in dual boot with Deepin, when I start it there are the start of the updates but they are not completed. Then the system undoes the updates and this has been recurring ...
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
nipos
deepin
2017-08-31 08:15
Windows 10 is a fucking piece of shit.
If you don't have applications which can't run on Linux,the best solution is to completely remove it.
Linux is faster,more secure,doesn't track you and doesn't have problems with updates.
And Linux DOES NOT cause any problems with dual boot Windows systems - they're just too worse to do updates and it wouldn't work better without Linux.
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2017-08-31 19:35
I won't tell opinions about one system or another, I think its unapropiated and not useful. I don't think Deepin or another Linux distro can touch Windows system, simply because one of another never touch the configs, archives, etc of the other system, except, obviously, if you did something to the another system archives when in the other one (like using gparted, deleting, moving archives with file manager in deepin to/from Windows partition).
Windows update tends to have problems, freeze, not downloading well, badly installing, using 100% of one core, and more problems... How to solve it? Many people say "put it off", not a good idea, all systems need to be up-to-date, do the next:

1. - Press Windows Key + R
  2. - Type gpedit.msc
  3. - Go to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update
  4. - Locate the “Configure Automatic Updates” setting in the right panel and double-click it
  5. - Set it to “Enabled”, then disable automatic updates, thats mostly a problem with Windows.
  6. Is better that you let it only notify you and then you do updates when you aren't using the pc.
Copy the Code

Anyways, Windows with use time gets more and more problems, registry, update... I use several hard disks so I don't create partitions when installing systems. I simply delete windows and then installing it again with the official iso. It works more good than any other solution, and I recomend to do it one time every 5-6 months, with any system, if you have where to put your archives before format. Greetings.
Reply View the author