No dock after 15.2 upgrade
Tofloor
poster avatar
m***[email protected]
deepin
2016-06-01 13:26
Author
After updating my computer, I've realized I had a new version 15.2, but the problem is that dock-bar/taskbar doesn't load, having no access to launcher neither to any app I had pinned in the dock. At the moment, I can only use  a browser because the icon was on desktop. I don't like having to reiinstall the OS again and all the apps I had, because I can't access file manager as well and I have files I don't want to lose. Also when I type CTRL+ALT+T the terminal doesn't show up, nothing happens. Is there any solution?
Thanks in advance

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-06-01 20:26
Hi, you could try Ctrl+Alt+F1 to bring a terminal. Have your tried a cold restart ?
Reply View the author
m***[email protected]
deepin
2016-06-03 02:06
Edited by fosoares at 2016-6-2 18:08

Hi, I did all that but it didn't work. I think I know what happened because in one of the occasions the dock has appeared just 20 minutes after restarting. I could see there were two docks installed - the old one from 15.1 and the new from 15.2! So, something went wrong during the system updates. The culprit might have been a package I had on hold, because I didn't want that particular package to update (Google Earth - because on that computer the latest version doesn't work, it freezes), and, for some reason it has messed up system updates. I had no other option than formatting and reinstalling the OS again, though I managed to save my files, because inserting an USB pen, opened up Nautilus!
Reply View the author