huawei modem installation problem!!!!
Tofloor
poster avatar
zenith
deepin
2016-05-28 19:01
Author
hey,i am from india and appriciate all you people works about deepin os. But i find it difficult to install my huawei modem. it show huawei technology co ltd.toggle in network but no work. even reset my connection or connection details are inresponsive.
I am using deepin  15.1.1. even when i disconnect my modem it shows either 2g device or 3g one removed from pc ..pls help me to do.even i tried to install drivers and dashboard for modem but no luck. pls help....
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-05-29 03:51
Hi, Welcome to the Deepin Forum. What is the model number of your Huawei modem ?
Reply View the author
zenith
deepin
2016-05-29 10:43
its Huawei E1731
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-05-29 11:16

It is showing your modem in the Deepin control center under network ? have your tried usb2.0 port ? Do the lights stabilze then click add connection ?
Reply View the author
zenith
deepin
2016-05-30 22:52
no lights never stabilize because it needs apn configuration for different networks which is missing in connection menu even however i get access to configuration it shows only ethernet, mtu,ipv4,6 ,settings.
current issue..
1.i have connected it already to a 2.0 usb port.
2.it only offer to a irresponsive button under Huawei
Technology co. ltd.which is restore connection
and arrow along it also become irresonsive after full detection of modem.as initially it shows a wired network while connecting modem and later on changed to co. name as i mentioned above.
3.I think you all should have to update modemmanager and provide ubuntu like interface for modem devices adding feature.That's it.
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-05-31 03:13
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/31070
no lights never stabilize because it needs apn configuration for different networks which is missing ...

Hi, I do not know if you need the pppconfig and wvdial package or not, the best thing would be to report your findings in Deepin User Feedback in your applications if you have an alternate connection to do so.
Reply View the author
zenith
deepin
2016-06-01 09:47
it would be better for deepin to add sakis3g and umtskeeper like script as default for modem datacard connection which have very initutive and simple configuration and work along usbmodswitch only even offer a local gui too.it also support nearly all 3g,4g sim cards configuration.
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-06-01 10:08
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/31070
it would be better for deepin to add sakis3g and umtskeeper like script as default for modem datacar ...

Hi, you may also want to use Deepin User Feedback and select I have a good idea and submit if you have a connection.
Reply View the author