HP scanjet 5500c is not recognized in deepin 15.1
Tofloor
poster avatar
jurgen
deepin
2016-02-25 04:09
Author
Hello,
Downloaded and installed deepin 15.1 without any trouble and I am very much impressed by the environment shown to the user. Works like a charm after you have found your way around, which is normal in a new distro.
The only issue I have up to now , I am not able to use my HP scanjet 5500c . Scanner is not recognized and therefor can't be used with Deepin. Which is strange because any other distro does recognise this scanner.
Please advise how to make this straight forward scanner work with Deepin, because I intend to keep this distro if the scanner is working.

Looking forward to any response

Cheers

Jurgen

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-02-25 05:53
Welcome to the Deepin Forum. My hp all in one works just fine. I doubt that in this forum you find other members with exact same scanner as yours. If your scanner is not auto-detected does not always mean its not going to work. But often times with older hardware some manual configuration may be needed. Have you used any Debian based distro's before ? And what steps have you taken to connect to your scanner ?
Reply View the author
jurgen
deepin
2016-02-26 05:40
Thnx for the reply, the last distros i worked with are mint, ubuntu and elementary . They didn't seem to have any problem with connecting the 5500c, the only thing I did in some of the distros is adding sane/xsane . Is there a way to add sane/xsane to Deepin? Because I seem to get stuck in the predefined environment including the store. Hope you can put me in the right direction, because I intend switch a number of pc's to deepin. Thnx for your time
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-02-26 05:58
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30761
Thnx for the reply, the last distros i worked with are mint, ubuntu and elementary . They didn't see ...

Yes both sane and xsane are in the repositories and can be installed from the command line. for example :

sudo apt-get install sane
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-02-26 06:20
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30761
Thnx for the reply, the last distros i worked with are mint, ubuntu and elementary . They didn't see ...

Deepin tries to be open box friendly as possible. But there key characteristic is being unique and elegant with many of there own applications. With many thousands of different devices all over the world the newer Linux kernels tend to rotate out some of the older drivers and rotate in the newer devices. On my HP all-in-one . I did not have to do much more than plug it in.
Let us know if you need more assistance in connecting.
Reply View the author