INSTALL deepin/linux for the first time, need HELP
Tofloor
poster avatar
theokeist
deepin
2016-01-10 13:20
Author
Edited by theokeist at 2016-1-10 05:23

I decided to install deepin on my laptop because I think Windows is slow so I make a live USB. Everything is good except the part when I must chose where to install deepin. I left Windows as it was without erasing anything and right now I don't know what to do. Please help me, should I continue or what ? [attach]10185[/attach]

THANK YOU

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
laoguang
deepin
2016-01-10 17:48
did you create a partition for deepin? if not, create the partition and select that partition.
Reply View the author
dodog
deepin
2016-01-10 18:54
1. Create a new partition on your harddrive in Windows. I suppose it will be best to split partition sda6 "Data" in your case and create a new partition. You can use e.g. MiniTool Partition Wizard - it free. Make a note about the size of a new partition.
2. Boot to Deepin installer and choose the new partition - size will help you to identify the right one.
Reply View the author
rupy2009
deepin
2016-01-10 23:51
if u dnt mind losing windows partitions id say delete all partitions by entering advanced mode and then creating efi partition of 200 mb (100 mb failed for me), then create a swap partition of at least 1Gb. now create partition for deepin (ext4). I suggest you create another partition for your your personal files (ntfs format). Just make sure you select uefi option in the beginning.
Reply View the author