[Share Experiences] Solving the Issue of Beyond Compare Not Finding KDE Themes on v23
Tofloor
poster avatar
SuperDavid
2024-07-31 17:41
Author

Due to work requirements, I occasionally need to use a content comparison software. After comparing multiple software options, I find Beyond Compare the most convenient to use. However, after installing it on Deepin v20, it looked like this:

Although it didn't affect functionality, the appearance was not aesthetically pleasing.

Previously, I posted on the forum for help, but no one seemed to know the solution. After some searching, I discovered that it was due to a missing theme. By installing different themes, I eventually found that installing kde-style-breeze-qt4 resolved the issue. After installation, it looked like this:

Later, after installing Deepin v23, I found that this package was no longer available in the repository. Inspired by @enforcee's post link to posthttps://bbs.deepin.org/post/256081), I downloaded the kde-style-breeze-qt4 package and related dependencies, extracted the dynamic libraries, and placed them in a separate directory. Then, I modified Beyond Compare's desktop file from Exec=bcompare to Exec=envLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/xxx/Documents/Applications/LD_LIBRARY/bcompare bcompare. This solved the issue.

Below is the download link for the dynamic libraries. Download and place them in any directory under home, as long as the path matches the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the desktop file. After extracting, you need to create symbolic links for libQtGui.so.4 and libaudio.so.2 in this folder, pointing to the corresponding dynamic libraries.

bcompare.zip

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies

No replies yet