[Share Experiences] Bugs in deepin upgrade from 20.1 to 20.2 in my system
Tofloor
poster avatar
j***[email protected]
deepin
2021-04-05 04:11
Author

I have hp elitebook 830 G5 laptop and working fine with deepin 20.1.

All the keyboard switches for «brightness», «speakers», «WiFi» work fine. Keyboard layout language indicator in taskbar showed.
Now, after upgrade to deepin 20.2 the keyboard switches for «brightness» NOT work to up / down brightness and Keyboard layout language indicator in taskbar disappear.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
忘记、过去
deepin
2021-04-05 04:35

Brightness function keys not working is a knowing issue, most of us have met that.

About keyboard layout indicator, according to their repo on GitHub, it seems that they disabled it for some reason...https://github.com/linuxdeepin/dde-dock/commit/a84c837ba1299d3c35163d0f1f179e1a9df5d677

Reply View the author
wtz
deepin
2021-04-05 04:47

Similar for my Samsung ATIV book. The F2/F3 brightness adjustion key cannot trigger the gradual increasing/decreasing of screen brightness; instead they turn the screen one step darker/lighter, and no more. The brightness value in the Control Center does not change when F2/F3 is pressed.

Reply View the author
enforcee
deepin
2021-04-05 04:54

same issues for me (and many at Chinese thread)

the unstrict release contains many serious bugs made 20.2 a disaster doomed our enthusiasm into ashes

they made themselves fix some more terrible bugs which caused freeze when upgrading, but far more remains

i dunno deepin developers get enough energy and kindness to solve all these problem, they seemed working hard on other affairs (maybe UOS) 

the volume and brightness sliders in control center should work instead

what only we can do is to wait for a fix

Reply View the author
zerrax
deepin
2021-04-05 06:38

I tried to update two Deepin computers at my home,

one Huawei MateBook X Pro and one normal PC

both get the same error: "Failed to update"
I think something went wrong....

Reply View the author
神末shenmo
deepin
Spark-App
2021-04-05 06:39
enforcee

same issues for me (and many at Chinese thread)

the unstrict release contains many serious bugs made 20.2 a disaster doomed our enthusiasm into ashes

they made themselves fix some more terrible bugs which caused freeze when upgrading, but far more remains

i dunno deepin developers get enough energy and kindness to solve all these problem, they seemed working hard on other affairs (maybe UOS) 

the volume and brightness sliders in control center should work instead

what only we can do is to wait for a fix

It would be a nice choice to use uniontech OS

As for me, I'm going to change my OS after the next UniontechOS upgrade

Reply View the author
Ziggy
deepin
2021-04-05 07:25

Try another kernel like 5.10.5,my probook 455 is well with 5.11

Reply View the author
j***[email protected]
deepin
2021-04-05 22:08
忘记、过去

Brightness function keys not working is a knowing issue, most of us have met that.

About keyboard layout indicator, according to their repo on GitHub, it seems that they disabled it for some reason...https://github.com/linuxdeepin/dde-dock/commit/a84c837ba1299d3c35163d0f1f179e1a9df5d677

For me that issues are bugs. The developers must resolve bugs and create one of most beautiful distribution of linux, not create new bugs from old one (deepin 15.11 it has same issue foe keyboard layout language indicator).

Reply View the author
j***[email protected]
deepin
2021-04-05 22:14
Ziggy

Try another kernel like 5.10.5,my probook 455 is well with 5.11

I do it that. I try the two different version of kernel with same behavior. I try with iso 20.2 to run like live OS and has the same behavior.

Reply View the author
Ziggy
deepin
2021-04-06 03:09
j***[email protected]

I do it that. I try the two different version of kernel with same behavior. I try with iso 20.2 to run like live OS and has the same behavior.

It might be a bug.

Reply View the author
Platypus
deepin
2021-04-23 02:40
zerrax

I tried to update two Deepin computers at my home,

one Huawei MateBook X Pro and one normal PC

both get the same error: "Failed to update"
I think something went wrong....

This is the same probelm I had on a ASUS laptop and also my PC box. It is very disappointing. However, on my toshiba laptop it installed properly. How do you explain this? The developers didn't test this first. It seems like the copany is using the Community edition to test for the UOS commercial edition - like Fedora for Red Hat - except the Fedora community is stronger and supports the Fedora project.

Reply View the author
zerrax
deepin
2021-04-23 09:45

Deepin Linux is still one of the most user friendly and best working Linux operating systems currently available
It's indeed a shame that the last update didn't work, but still everything is working perfect now on my Huawei Matebook X Pro, I still can do every task I wanted to do, so I will be patient a just wait till they fix the problem

I am even planning to buy a second Huawei D15 (2021 model) laptop and install Deepin on it for my wife, she love's Deepin Linux also :-)

Reply View the author
zerrax
deepin
2021-05-11 01:05

I reinstalled my laptop, and made a clean install of Deepin 20.2
The "Failed to Update" problem is now solved!

So my advise is to first backup your data, and your webbrowser bookmarks, on external USB harddisk.
Then do a clean install, and choose for open source videocard driver (not mark use propieraty graphics driver) and the update problem is solved

Reply View the author