[Seek Help] How to avoid installing bootloader in Deepin 20 in a multiboot system
Tofloor
poster avatar
andrea_m
deepin
2021-02-09 09:19
Author

Hi All,

I would like to install deepin 20 on a dedicated partition in a multiboot system. During the installation process (advanced mode), however, after formatting the chosen partition and setting the mount point as "/" there is no possibility to change the installation path of the bootloader (as in deepin 15) nor to avoid installing it ( as in other Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, Mint, Manjaro, Fedora etc.).
How can I solve this problem?

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Ziggy
deepin
2021-02-09 18:49

Do not mount the /efi,and test it if it is ok.

Reply View the author
andrea_m
deepin
2021-02-10 09:17
Ziggy

Do not mount the /efi,and test it if it is ok.

Thanks, but when and how to unmount the /efi (partition?) during the installation process?

Reply View the author
Ziggy
deepin
2021-02-11 01:34
andrea_m

Thanks, but when and how to unmount the /efi (partition?) during the installation process?

Before the installation,when you select the /.

Reply View the author
andrea_m
deepin
2021-02-11 07:22
Ziggy

Before the installation,when you select the /.

OK, during installation I choose the partition where to install deepin and I set "ext4" for the format and "/" for the mountpoint: but how to unmount the drive ESP partition?

Reply View the author
Ziggy
deepin
2021-02-11 20:16
andrea_m

OK, during installation I choose the partition where to install deepin and I set "ext4" for the format and "/" for the mountpoint: but how to unmount the drive ESP partition?

Could you mount the efi/ directly?Don't format it and mount it.

Reply View the author
andrea_m
deepin
2021-02-12 02:50

In the deepin 15 release there was the possibility to manage the installation of the bootloader (even if it was not possible to avoid its installation)

as it is currently in many other Linux distributions.

This is useful when you have multiple disks with different operating systems in a multiboot system.

In the Deepin 20 release there does not seem to be this option in the graphical interface of the installer. For this I don't know how to mount or unmount the / EFI partition during installation (as you suggest) or otherwise manage the bootloader installation.

Reply View the author