[Seek Help] Can't install Deepin 20 on ASUS Vivobook 14 (K413FA-EK695T)
Tofloor
poster avatar
Kaffe
deepin
2021-01-07 13:47
Author

Hi all!

I'm trying to install Deepin 20 on an ASUS Vivobook 14 (K413FA-EK695T) and I can't get into the live boot to start the installation. I've turned off secure boot and picked the right boot option, but it just refuses to boot up. Screen is stuck only showing an underscore.

I don't believe this is a Deepin specific problem, but I start my hunt for a solution here regardless. Maybe someone else has stumbled upon something similar. 

I've installed various Linux distributions on so many different computers, this is the first time I can't get the installation to boot up at all, so I'm a bit stumped and surprised.

Any ideas?

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Perfect Storm
deepin
2021-01-07 14:29

Hello,

It may be an error in BIOS. Perhaps an update of BIOS will solve your problem.

regards,

Reply View the author
lanyun7112
deepin
2021-01-07 16:22

换一个启动盘制作工具

Reply View the author
181******81
deepin
2021-01-07 17:58

可能是BIOS安全启动没有关闭。

Reply View the author
Ziggy
deepin
2021-01-07 19:40

Use ventoy to make a boot device,and use the latest iso

Reply View the author
Kaffe
deepin
2021-01-10 04:13
Ziggy

Use ventoy to make a boot device,and use the latest iso

So, I did try Installing Ventoy on a USB drive and put a fresh iso copy of Deepin on it. To my surprise, Ventoy did boot up. However, when picking the iso to start the install, I'm met with the same result as before: a black screen with only an underscore showing.

So, it is able to boot something else than windows up, just not a Linux installation...

ETA: Could install other stuff later on, just not deepin

Reply View the author
Kaffe
deepin
2021-01-10 04:30

I now tried to add a pure Debian iso on the ventoy as well, and that does boot up normally... so, maybe it is something with the Deepin iso specifically that isn't able to talk to the laptop for whatever reason... 

Reply View the author
Ziggy
deepin
2021-01-10 07:13
Kaffe

So, I did try Installing Ventoy on a USB drive and put a fresh iso copy of Deepin on it. To my surprise, Ventoy did boot up. However, when picking the iso to start the install, I'm met with the same result as before: a black screen with only an underscore showing.

So, it is able to boot something else than windows up, just not a Linux installation...

ETA: Could install other stuff later on, just not deepin

It might be the issue about efi,you could change the efi to the Ubuntu's

Reply View the author
Kaffe
deepin
2021-01-11 12:08

Thanks for the suggestion!

I tried it out, but was met with the same result. In case I missed something, do you have a short description I could follow?

For the record: Standard Ubuntu installs without a hitch and is running fine on the computer in question, I just would prefer Deepin.

Reply View the author