l10n: duplicated resources on Transifex
Tofloor
poster avatar
pavelbo
deepin
2020-05-07 07:54
Author
Hello,
on Transifex, in Deepin Desktop Environment section, there are duplicated resources with m1, m5 a pg prefixes - which one are supposed to maintain please?

Which resource to translate, if there are resources for the same thing - for example: pg--dde-control-center, m5--dde-control-center, m1--dde-control-center, dde-control-center with the same (or very similar content) - which one from theese to maintain (fine tweaking, review, etc) - all of them would be lot of work and used will be only one them - so which one plese? It is clear plese?

Thanks
Pavel

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
pavelbo
deepin
2020-05-07 08:07
And new one: https://www.transifex.com/linuxdeepin/deepin-desktop-environment/klu--dde-control-center - the same content, one new slightly modified string, 1666 duplicates. Dont't understand, where to do review of strings - in which variant of dde-control-center (and others resources with similar confusion).
May I ask developers for some insight/guidance there please?
Reply View the author
igatjens
deepin
2020-05-07 10:44
I have the same doubt, why so many duplicates?

When the translation coordinator was asked, she said she did not know why the programmers were creating duplicate resources. She told us to ask in the forum.

I do not know if these duplicates will delete them, if they delete the duplicates after translating them, it will be a waste of many hours of work. Translating and reviewing over 1600 strings of text requires many hours of work.

I don't want to work on something that they will later delete.

We have 2 weeks in which duplicate resources appear without any notice and without explanation, and we don't know how many more will appear.

Regards.
Reply View the author
Пеја
deepin
2020-05-07 10:57
Coordinator of Serbian translation team here. I was wondering the same thing. Thanks..
Reply View the author
jingle
deepin
2020-05-07 19:01
Reply View the author
pavelbo
deepin
2020-05-07 22:18
Edited by pavelbo at 2020-5-7 14:23

deleted by author (reason - outdated - solution ongoing on Telegram)
Reply View the author