How did you find out about Deepin and when did you start using it?
Tofloor
poster avatar
Пеја
deepin
2019-06-24 12:09
Author
I thought this could be a nice topic.

I started using Linux around 2010. I distro hopped here and there but generally stayed loyal to Ubuntu family. Then on 5 April 2017 Mark Shuttleworth killed Ubuntu phone and Unity 8 and announced that Ubuntu will be focused on cloud and IoT. That was a clear signal to me that Ubuntu is not a viable solution for the desktop anymore. Than I remembered seeing screenshots of Deepin on G+ and that I always liked the look of it. So few days later I wiped my main drive and installed Deepin. It is still my main OS and going strong.  I have extra drive that is used for distro hopping and for me Deepin still has the edge over other distros.

So what is your story? When did you start using Linux?

How did you find out about Deepin and when did you start using it?

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
sdfdlyl
deepin
2019-06-24 14:49
I've only been using it for a month and I've seen it from bilibili in a promotional video.
Reply View the author
走钢丝
deepin
2019-06-24 16:21
本帖最后由 lidanger 于 2019-6-24 08:29 编辑

My earliest interest in computer was at junior middle school in grade 3.

And I began using linux from 2006, at the moment I was a sophomore and I bought my first PC with my little scholarships, a secondhand Pentium III computer.At that time, I lost myself in exploring all kinds of computer software and technology and met RedHat 9.

Later, I became an user of the old deepin.org forum before 2008, so deepin was  familar to me.While in 2012, after I quitted from my first job, I had lots of time to explore new software.Then I tried many linux distributions, included Linux Deepin.But that was just only a try.

My real changing to deepin began from just a few days ago, a year after I quitted from my second job.There was no restricts on me any more, and I could chose my own tools.Then trade war was begun by America, changing to linux was just enough for me.I directly searched deepin, and following the guide I installed it on my old notebook with no errors.

Two OS: Windows 10 and deepin, both existed for few days, then I removed Windows 10 and fixed the boot program.Now, I am a pure deepin player, hoping it better in the future.

Reply View the author
marl
deepin
2019-06-25 11:27
Edited by marl at 2019-6-25 03:30

Looking for new Desktop Environments (one with blur), after long time with gnome I found Deepin
Reply View the author
smk75
deepin
2019-07-25 16:05
I saw it on a you tube video, and I installed it 2 days ago on a spare machine.
Reply View the author