I desperately need the Drivers for Killer Wireless-AC 1550.
Tofloor
poster avatar
cristyle
deepin
2019-03-11 02:00
Author
Edited by cristyle at 2019-3-10 18:05

Dear all,

some one can help me to install the Killer Wireless-AC 1550, because Deepin cannot see at all. The Ethernet Lan it is working perfectly, but the integrated Wireless cannot manage.

I tried in one way where the official site of Killer Wireless-AC 1550 referred to the Ubuntu forum, that theoretically should works for the Debian system as well; but unfortunately during the installation get some errors comes in the packaging installation.
Please, someone can help me or guide me on that?

In meantime, I attached below the link to consult the official site section for the Killer Wireless Installation:
https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/killer-1550-in-debian-ubuntu-16-04/

Thank you so much,
C

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
oscararg
deepin
2019-03-11 07:48
They must be supported from kernel as I see, the problem is that 4.15 kernel don't support that driver. Not the best idea, but can be considered if you do a back up of the system, then install 4.19LTS kernel and that device must be recognized and usable.
Reply View the author
cristyle
deepin
2019-03-12 17:08
Hi Oscararg,

Thank you very much to replay me.

Could you plese tell me how can I install 4.19LTS Kernel? Excuse me a lot, but in Linux world I'm new. Or, will be better that I will waiting for Deepin 16, where probably they should upgrade the Kernel as well?

C
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2019-03-14 02:28
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/175400
Hi Oscararg,

Thank you very much to replay me.

Here you can try to install this modified kernel, as it has support for Debian Sid (Deepin is mostly based on that distro) it is more recommended than Ukuu for example, as it provides Ubuntu based kernels or than a generic kernel from kernel.org
Reply View the author
cristyle
deepin
2019-04-30 05:55
Hi Oscararg,

I tried to install different kernel, but nothing, I cannot let it works; it seems all the latest firmware/drivers are there inside Deepin kernel OS (also, example, the bluetooth it's working). I cannot undertand in Deepin why there is not any wifi menu to managment it.....

C
Reply View the author