After update to 15.9 all configuration for the user lost
Tofloor
poster avatar
dbesoli
deepin
2019-01-22 02:22
Author
Hello

I received last update to 15.9 and after this my main linux user has lost all configuration on desktop.
Mainly, no sound and no devices to play or record. The launcher has no applications or categories. Other users for the rest of my family hasn't problems. They can play music and the speaker icon is present on the notifications bar, they have the launcher working. So, as the issue is only related to one user, someone know if there is a way to reset configuration and recover a fresh one?
I'd checked the permissions on the home directory and it seems all are fine.

best regards
Daniel
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
robertsala
deepin
2019-01-22 04:55
That is weird. My mom upgraded to 15.9 and when it boots, it stalls(not exactly stuck) on Deepin logo (splashscreen). It doesn't go to desktop. If she moves the mouse when it is on Deepin's logo, it immediately goes to desktop. My laptop, my wife's laptop and my stepson's laptop did not have issues when upgrading; just my mom's laptop. I don't think Deepin has completely verified if this upgrade is completely "safe". I hope Deepin community can help you with your issue.
Reply View the author
dbesoli
deepin
2019-01-22 07:01
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/174078
That is weird. My mom upgraded to 15.9 and when it boots, it stalls(not exactly stuck) on Deepin log ...

Maybe is something related. In my case the broken user is the one was connected when the update arrived. But I still 3 more users to connect and all they works fine.
Another thing I forgot to mention is not only the launcher and sound are not working. The Deepin Store shows an empty window when I opened it.
Reply View the author
147******77
deepin
2019-02-02 11:03
Same here, I recieved the latest update last night and manually rebooted today. My home directory has been wiped.. all setting and personal files and settings are gone. also the ownership of my home dir changed to nobody:nobody....
Reply View the author