Is Deepin OS good for Student, Developer, Designer, Work?
Tofloor
poster avatar
s***[email protected]
deepin
2018-11-28 20:23
Author
Edited by sarojpoudel33 at 2018-12-1 07:10

Best answer will be reward 10 points?

Terms and Condition for Answer.
  • English and Chinese Only.
  • Multiply Answer will be disqualify.
  • Reward will  announce in  Dec 1 2018.

Bonus Like Facebook Page. Deepin Nepal
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Ziggy
deepin
2018-11-28 21:05
Just bad for Gamer,actually it can use well in daily life
Reply View the author
Comments
sarojpoudel33
2018-11-28 22:03
Thanks for answering. Stay tune for reward.
黑色
deepin
2018-11-28 20:23
With Ultra desktop UI simplicity and Rich developing tools in the appstore which can be installed by one-click operation, DEEPIN seems good enough for coding(at least for me) and students use(especially good for scientific data research), lack of MS Office compatibility(vba, formula input etc.)may be an obstacle unless you get some of your work done in VM or WINE programs(basically works but not always).
For entertainment purpose Deepin performs nothing different to other distros as they all rely on platform such as STEAM to provide games and contents, graphic driver could be treated satisfingly on DEEPIN while big problems encountered on my machine under UBUNTU(with a nvidia pascal graphic card, I can't turn off the discrete card, which means heat and power consumption), you can even choose to boost your card via nvidia-prime or bumblebee easily by clicking.
For Designer it would take some time to find appropriate tools since many don't offer Linux versions, that will definately slow down your progress but luckily, we can find replacements to most of the designing tools in the store, either free or business.
For work and other professinal purpose, DEEPIN can offer you the experience as most modern dstros can, but I'd say battery life and stability issues remain to be solved until it's really available in production envirnment.  
Reply View the author
Comments
sarojpoudel33
2018-11-29 01:29
sarojpoudel33
2018-11-29 01:21
大米走江湖
deepin
2018-11-29 01:24
I've been using deepin for my daily office work. It's okay to watch videos and listen to music. A few more professional software can only run in the virtual machine Win7.
Reply View the author
Comments
sarojpoudel33
2018-11-29 01:27
iblis
deepin
2018-11-29 05:14
As a postgraduate student in Wuhan (where the HQ of deepin is located), majoring in information security, I have something to say about this. I tried deepin in June-July 2015 (version 2014.3) but stopped using it soon later because of software shortage. In July 2016 I came back to deepin (version 15.2) finding out that the progress deepin made during the year was beyond my imagination. Generally speaking, deepin is a nice choice for theoretical researchers and most students, and if you are pretty nostalgic, you can run games released before 2005 with deepin-wine smoothly as well.
WORK & STUDY
During my postgraduate study, my assignments mostly includes theoretical research, which involves searching and reading articles from Web of Science, constructing system model and simulating system on MATLAB, all of which can be perfectly done on deepin. Sometimes we need to write documents for presentations and meetings. If formula(e) is/are needed in your documents, it's a good idea to use Libreoffice, save your documents in *.odt form and export to PDF. If *.doc/docx is required, use WPS instead. Also, since most modern games are not available on deepin, it's a good cure to procrastination and game addiction as well, making your work more efficient. By the way, you don't worry about the annoying auto-update interrupting your work on Windows 10. To sum up, deepin is quite enough for theoretical researchers (and also those students who don't need those professional softwares that much). If you need professional softwares like Quartus and Keil, use those computers in your school laboratory instead.
ENTERTAINMENT
During my leisure time, I'm fond of indoor cycling courses in the gym where dance music is involved. To retrieve dance music, Netease cloud music is a nice place. (For those outside mainland China, maybe Spotify?) For further processing of music like tempo change, there's Audacity and Reaper (available in Deepin store). For advanced usage, there's LMMS. As for games, most single-player games released before 2005 are available using deepin-wine, and some of those newer games are playable as well (like Nobunaga's ambition XIV released in December 2013). But I'm sorry to say that deepin is not a place for online gaming, and those games requiring DirectX 10 or above are not playable. But since I began taking indoor cycling courses and using deepin simultaneously, I don't care about new games anymore. Deepin helped me to get rid of game addiction!
MISCELLANEOUS
Deepin is secure. There are massive security incidents like WannaCry on Windows now and then, but rarely do we see virus outbreaks on Linux desktop systems.
Deepin is carefree. Unlike other distros like Ubuntu, Fedora and Arch, deepin provides an out-of-the-box experience, which means that those complicated commands are not needed for basic configurations. Wine configurations for softwares like QQ and WeChat can be painstaking on other distros (even Manjaro!) but on deepin, they are preconfigured.
In conclusion, deepin is a system which satisfy your needs for work and entertainment without bothering you with security issues, complicated configurations and annoying auto-updates. Also, if you're lucky enough, you may embrace a healthier lifestyle (like me)!
Reply View the author
Comments
sarojpoudel33
2018-11-29 17:36
s***[email protected]
deepin
2018-12-02 18:51
As a loyal user deepin linux is not good for Student, Developer, Designer, Work and Editor.
Reply View the author