HP Spectre x360 and some issues
Tofloor
poster avatar
vagrod
deepin
2018-10-24 14:11
Author
Edited by vagrod at 2018-10-25 16:25

Hi! First of all, thank you for a such great operating system!
After a gap of almost 2 years, I tried Deepin again -- at this time on my HP Spectre x360 late 2017 4K laptop. Everything went smooth, but I noticed some issues:
0. Accelerometer does not work in Deepin. I tried to change screen rotation via sidebar settings, but got black screen and hanged up OS -- I had to reinstall Deepin with complete reformat to bring it back to life. Really need accelerometer support on this convertable device.
1. Touch input is really good, but lack of hold-to-rightclick functionality is really a big minus. We used to this on smartphones and windows laptops.
2. Touch scroll in Launcher. I cannot scroll apps list by touch.
3. In built-in file explorer I cannot select multiple files by gesture ("rectangle selection")
4. No touchpad gestures customization (I wanted to change four-finger tap to open sidebar, three-finger swipe up to show all windows and etc -- familiar windows gestures)
5. System apps do not work with VPN turned on (in my case, PIA). Store app, weather in sidebar and updates check does not work if VPN is turned on.
6. Really miss on-screen edge gestures (like show sidebar by swiping from right edge, show all windows by swiping from left edge and etc)
7. Update your apps repos more frequently. For example, you have chrome version 68, whether the last one is 70, as well as mailspring -- is really outdated. After I install fresh versions via deb files, when system update comes in -- all apps I updated are getting downgraded again. VERY annoying.
8. Really good dpi handling! But WPS Office appears to have big problems with scaling. It is not usable on 4K, without downscaling to 1080p.
9. Task bar do not show psensor's temperature data with option to show temperature values turned on in psensor's settings.
10. First activation of Multitasking View takes literally three seconds -- with only Chrome window opened and two default desktops. Every other activation after that is instant.
11. Make night light toggle more reachable. It now burried deep in sidebar, but many people often toggle it on and off frequently.
12. Sometimes Deepin just freezes: mouse cursor moves, but nothing is responding to clicks. Have to hard-reboot pc in this case. More often this happens when using touch input -- and every time it happens when you touch screen before tray icons are fully loaded.
13. Overall touch feel is much less snappier and feels off compared to, for example, Windows 10 touch experience. Like scrolling lags a bit, touch is not registered time to time, touchpad gestures are not firing every single time, have to repeat gesture two or three times for it to trigger action.
Looking forward to seeing a new Deepin release with most crutial fixes!

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
aida
deepin
2018-10-24 21:11
change synaptics  to  libinput
   uninstall synaptics :sudo apt purget xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
Reply View the author
186******26
deepin
2018-11-04 05:22
7.Third party repo can be added,for example chrome: