Interpretation and apology for Crossover issue
Tofloor
poster avatar
aida
deepin
2018-10-23 19:24
Author
Dear deepin users,
Since deepin 15.7 updates, we have been listening to and collecting feedback and suggestions from everyone. Thanks for your warmly support.
We noticed a lot of feedback about Crossover. Here is a unified reply:
Crossover after 15.6 is a trial version, incompatible with the previous containers, thus some features do not work any longer.
If you install deepin 15.7 version directly, there will be no pre-installed crossover in launcher. Crossover in Deepin Store is a trial version. If deepin 15.7 was upgraded from a older version, Crossover will be upgraded to a trial version as well.
Unfortunately, we are temporarily unable to provide you with a paid version of Crossover. Sorry to bring you a bad experience, we are very sorry!
We will develop deepin wine software to replace crossover. Please write down the windows software you want in the post, we will collect you opinions and develop them by deepin wine as soon as possible.
You can:
1. Download and install alternative software that can be run directly on deepin
2. Buy Crossover at your own expense
Finally, thank you for your support of deepin community, let’s make progress together!

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
drgeyikreoman
deepin
2018-11-19 07:01
Are games include? '' the battle for middle-earth 2 (crack) '' didnt work via wine and crossover...
Reply View the author
shadowvzs
deepin
2018-12-29 10:05
Edited by shadowvzs at 2018-12-29 02:08

i use photoshop cs2 (for me that was the most compatible with wine) but still have several issue with normal wine

example 1 issue is if i open a image and i minimize the disapear (not in taskbar, not in photoshop, cant maximize/restore), only solution is save project (in .psd)  then reopen it, if you can fix this problem or make another photoshop version more compatible than cs2 then could be very nice because everything (except games) hav4e alternative with similiar quality except photoshop (gimp nice but ....).

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/3689-adobe-photoshop-cs2.html

(about games i not really playing games, i guess the only old game wich i try with wine but failed was the settlers 3)

Reply View the author
qiansen1386
deepin
2019-02-13 02:11
I don't use crossover that often, frankly speaking most of crossover users are seeking for games. To be honest, If I am keen on Games I would go for Windows anyway. So not a problem for me.
Reply View the author
shenyichong
deepin
2019-03-04 22:59
Not kind of games fans.
Reply View the author
cristyle
deepin
2019-03-13 07:06
Dear Deepin,

if you really will make it , will be amazinig, I use PLayOnLinux- Crossover and Wine.

The problems of these Emulators softwares are to install all the  "Net Framework" versions, so important to let work almost of the softwares, the "Fonts" included inside the Windows Emulator/softwares.

For sure the first program, will be great if you can let work perfectly Microsoft Office (all the versions). Now,I use Crossover but always there is some little problems.

*Microsoft Office
*All the Acrobat Softwares

Slowly slowly I will mentions others....But, if first you can do it , so will be amazing.

Cris

Reply View the author
bezerra_3
deepin
2019-04-02 05:40
OriginLab

Thanks
Reply View the author