Tofloor
poster avatar
fusion809
deepin
2018-10-02 16:10
Author
Edited by fusion809 at 2018-10-2 08:11

Hi,

I decided to check out deepin 15.7 in a VM and while it is generally wonderful (great work folks!) I noticed the Deepin Store is missing at least three applications, even though these apps are in the deepin repos (according to
  1. apt-cache search appname
Copy the Code
), their names are Avogadro, Jmol and PyMOL. If you's are feeling especially adventurous you may also want to add Avogadro2 to the repos, although it is presently in a pre-release state (but it is stable enough to enter Fedora's repos). I also would recommend adding a "Science" or "Education" category to the sidebar of Deepin Store, instead of placing such applications in the "Other" menu.

Thanks for your time and patience,
Brenton
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2018-10-02 18:30
Thank you for your information and suggestions. I especially like the idea of adding more categories to the Deepin Store sidebar. Deepin uses Debian for base, so you might find quite a few apps in the repositories that are not in the Deepin Store. One of the qualifications is the quality and appearance of the applications graphical user interface. There is a special post for contributing to Deepin Store Quality Software.
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/133777
Reply View the author