Major Bugs and Missing Features In Deepin OS
Tofloor
poster avatar
s***[email protected]
deepin
2018-09-14 18:58
Author
Edited by sarojpoudel33 at 2018-9-14 11:50

• Vision Issue In Dark Mod. Difficult To View Folder Name In This Mod Due to Tiny Fonts. This is Orginal View of Dark Mod Home  and we want this type Home
  • Progress Bar Issues In Both Deepin Music and movie Player. They are Too much Small.
  • Image Viewer has No function Of Edit/ Crop/ Add Text/ Apply Sticker.
  • Copying file Is Super Slow In Deepin Os.
  • Screen Recorder Has No Function of Trim/ Crop/Edit.
  • Problem In Hotspot. Cannot tethering Wifi and Hotspot in Same Time.
  • More Transparency in UI/UX. Vision Problem.
  • Add Password Recovery Function. In case we Forget Password of Lock Screen.

Thank For Reading and View Please do Comment Your Problem Facing In Deepin  OS.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Blogghete
deepin
2018-09-15 00:21
Edited by Blogghete at 2018-9-14 10:36

[01]
The label of the icons of the Desktop is written by using a tiny Font.
We want a bold Font because we cannot read it.

[02]
Add a textfield to the "Control Center" > "Display" section, to put a custom value to scale the screen, so we can choose our custom scaling factor, for example 110%.In Microsoft Windows 10 you can choose a custom scaling factor by inserting it in a textfield.
Reply View the author
Comments
sarojpoudel33
2018-09-15 02:05
100% Great Opinion Due To Tiny Fonts we are Unable To Read.
Blogghete
deepin
2018-09-15 05:51
[03]
Customizable mouse pointer size like you can do in Microsoft Windows 10.
Some people prefer very large mouse pointer instead of the little one.
Reply View the author
Comments
sarojpoudel33
2018-09-15 16:51
Tank for your Opinion!
t***[email protected]
deepin
2018-09-16 13:21
Edited by tribunal at 2018-9-16 05:24

Bugs! Where are a lot of them.

• Problems with proprietary nvidia driver: 1) plymouth is falling after install 2) serious problem with transparency of customized wallpapers. Both of them are easy to solve by patching /etc/default/grub file and updating grub. But these solutions are not included in deepin graphics driver manager
  • A lot of users has problem with dependecies hell with libcurl3/libcurl4
  • Ugly menu and still not translated "All categories" section in menu (compact version), no posibility to change menu's width or autocalculating its width using fontmetrics. The best solution will is to calculate it like max(min-normal-size, calculated-value) (it is my opinion).
  • Too complicated procedure for pulling patches even for fixing easy-to-fix bugs in applications like deepin-calculator. Procedure on the github page seems to be outdated.
  • Lack of functions in some deepin applications like deepin file manager or calculator again. Just compare it with calculator from Gnome, for example.

Reply View the author
Comments
sarojpoudel33
2018-09-16 19:40
Thank for your Opinion!
horvan
deepin
2018-09-18 19:19
It may not be a major but an annoying bug. Please remove the Spotify repo from iso and replace it with a custom flatpack install run by the installer as a post-setup script. Having an official Ubuntu repo without downloading the fingerprint key automatically after setup isn't user-friendly. For me, as an advanced user, there is no problem to remove Spotify including the list file and reinstall it via flatpack. But not all people trying deep in are as advanced as me. Oh my god I can do sudo rm -r /apt/sources.list.d/spotify.list;apt update; apt upgrade

I am the godfather of Linux :-D

Reply View the author
Comments
sarojpoudel33
2018-09-18 19:36
Thank for Your Opinion
Blogghete
deepin
2018-09-18 23:33
[04]
The screensaver functionality is missing.

[05]
If you installed Microsoft Office 2007 in Crossover and then you install the 15.7 upgrade, the Microsoft Office apps crash randomly. You cannot install them by using the original installer with Crossover because you cannot download all the required libraries.
Reply View the author
Comments
sarojpoudel33
2018-09-19 00:38
Better to Try WPS office Instead of MS office In Linux.
sarojpoudel33
2018-09-19 00:34
Thank for Your Opinion