How to create a USB installer using the Deepin ISO? (stuck installation)
Tofloor
poster avatar
mrjayviper
deepin
2018-08-10 06:13
Author
Edited by mrjayviper at 2018-8-10 10:01

as title.

I downloaded the ISO. I confirmed I got it completely by checking the MD5.

I then used: sudo dd if=deepin.iso of=/dev/my-device-here bs=1m

I ran this command on 2 sticks on Ubuntu and OSX High Sierra and it completed successfully. When I booted off the stick, I selected "Install Deepin" and the selection disappear and I get a blueish wallpaper and my installation  gets stuck at this screen. I've tried booting several times and it's not proceeding.

My machine currently runs Ubuntu 18.04 but I've ran Deepin 15.4 on this machine last year.

Any ideas on how to fix it? At the moment, I'm burning the ISO to a DVD and try that.

Thank you.

edit: tried to install via DVD and still the same issue.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
galvanize
deepin
2018-08-11 05:03
Start by the easy way.
1 - Mount the iso on a windows system
2 - Run the .exe file in the mounted .iso
  you have a few, one of them is to install inside windows, but use one that allows you to create a boot cd/dvd/usb.
  Just have to select the drive you want to create (the cd/dvd/usb) and the .iso you downloaded.
3 - The boot drive is successfully created, then just have to restart and boot from that drive (go to bios if needed to choose the right drive to boot)
4 - Check if you have some free space and try to free the partition. Example, disk of 300GB your other system use 200GB and free the 100GB. Don't create a partition for those 100GB.
5 - Start the instalation and choose those 100Gb free. In your case if you have a Linux system (ubuntu) maybe the swap partitions are in conflict if this don't work.
I have it on dual-boot with Windows and Deepin and no problem.
Reply View the author