Issues with Coffee Lake and Max Q
Tofloor
poster avatar
lkashl
deepin
2018-08-06 01:32
Author
Hey guys,

I've installed deepin in a tripple boot configuration with Windows, Deepin and Android on my Aero 15x (8750H and 1070 MaxQ).

I've had a few issues with drivers and getting graphics acceleration working through numerous installs. I'll list them out here:

1) Nouvea drivers cause the DE to freeze after Light DM login screen (this can be fixed by using nouveau.modeset=0 at the grub menu)
2) After adding nouveau to blacklist in modprobe and rebooting, the nouveau drivers are succesfully disabled and Deepin Graphics Driver Manager advises that the Intel Default Driver is in use with glamor as the acceleration method. Window effects still do not work and cannot be enabled from the settings. Adding an Intel file to the X11 config switching acceleration methods does not have an impact
3) Using the Bumblebee solution has a high chance to fail due to assorted errors. When it does succeed with no graphics tearing in the gfx test, the OS will not boot past the deepin splash on the next boot. Using ctrl + alt + 1/2 does not cause the operating system to respond. Booting with no splash indicated that lightdm does not initialise
4) NVIDIA proprietary drivers function fine, however applying the X11 conf from NVIDIA or a custom X11 conf using the NVIDIA device causes lightDM to not init. Strangely, ctrl + alt + 1/2 works in this case but not the Bumblebee case

Bit lost on this one since the kernel looks recent enough to have native i915 support. I tried rebuilding the Intel VA Drivers to the latest version as well but didn't have any luck there . I tried the same configuration on Ubuntu and had no issues with GDE using either the Intel or NVIDA devices.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies

No replies yet