Tofloor
poster avatar
johnnydrama
deepin
2018-07-01 23:05
Author
Edited by johnnydrama at 2018-7-1 20:41

Hi,
I installed Deepin as main OS. Its looking great very beatiful designed env, Deepin Store is amazing, control centre is awesome, long story short, it rocks, but...
There is few little this that make this OS useless for some users:
- resizing windows its a nightmare, with deepin terminal window is even imposible...
- vpn connection through network-manager freeze after some time of innactivity. When u run it in terminal is good. I tried with two differnt providers.
- it doesnt remember windows position. You need to place it manually every time you open some stuff
- files coping time is not accurate with what time its showing. It copy 5gb file to usb in 10sec, which is takes much longer in reality.
- there is no option to encrypt OS drive during installation !!!!

If you guys fix those things this OS will be perfect with no real competition.
Cheers

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
fengkx
deepin
2018-07-02 00:22
It difficult for me to resize windows. As for deepin terminal, try move your mouse to the top right corren. It seems easier to resize.
Reply View the author
johnnydrama
deepin
2018-07-02 01:14
[UPDATE] after last system update resizing is easier. Its funny, because according to description it suppose to decrease cpu usage...
https://bbs.deepin.org/user/122967 it didnt work at all, I even tried to reinstall it. After system update it works well
Reply View the author