Deepin OS Cannot install on UEFI
Tofloor
poster avatar
al1khavari
deepin
2018-06-18 21:24
Author
Hello guys i have  Lenovo Ideapad 520 and i install the windows on UEFI correctly  on my SSD ( i can see Windows Boot Manager UEFI on BIOS)
i download the lastest version of os  from deepin website( 15.6 )

i create bootable USB   with Rufus and  Partition Scheme selected on MBR Scheme for UEFI
and i create a unallocated partition for installing deepin os alongside windows
on installtion  i cant  see any option like UEFI or Select bootloader Which were in previous versions ( like below picture  and the picture is not mine )

and when i going to advanced mode and create partitions ( /root , / , swap )
i cant select bootloader for UEFI  and after the finishing installtion  UEFI doesnt install and i cant see it on BIOS
when i restart the system , it normaly goes to windows without asking deepin or windows
can anyone help me why i dont have this option ( Change Boot loader on bottom left of picture ) ?

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
gbh5608
deepin
2018-06-19 00:22
Hi bro,I didn't have the problem simlier with yours.But i can tell you how i install my double os(deepin+windows10),First,there is only windows on my computer,and in the bios,I set it only
use UEFI mode.And I creat a bootable USB installer with DEEPIN_B tool,it is just in the iso,you can unzip the iso and you will see it.
when I install the system ,I enter the USB installer by UEFI ,and I choose the simple mode ,then choose a empty partition ,then next ...config something then reboot .
Done.
I just tell you how i used to install it. I just download a new image and i will install it by advenced mode .
you can contact me with telegram @skylargao
Reply View the author
gbh5608
deepin
2018-06-19 00:23
哇,好久不用英语了,四级都不到的英语水平,但愿这个大兄弟看得懂吧
Reply View the author
baselkorj
deepin
2018-06-19 02:09
Try creating a bootable USB using deepin's own USB maker, it's located in the .iso . If you still can't see the USB in the boot loader, try enabling booting in insecure mode, works most of the time. You can re enable it after it's installed.
Reply View the author
al1khavari
deepin
2018-06-19 06:49
i tried to create bootable usb with deepin boot maker and still i have this issue
Reply View the author
baselkorj
deepin
2018-06-19 12:03
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/158442
i tried to create bootable usb with deepin boot maker and still i have this issue

Try basic installer this time, and again, turn off secure boot from bios before proceeding with anything.
If issue still persists, you can always install a previous version of deepin then update to 15.6, according to the website, 15.4 and above can be updated to 15.6.
Reply View the author
al1khavari
deepin
2018-06-19 12:30
Try basic installer this time, and again, turn off secure boot from bios before proceeding with an ...

i used basic install and my secure boot was turned off , still have this issue
i tried to you install prev version ( 15.1 ) everything works fine and grub screen load on boot , but on this way when i install the prev version my second monitor doesnt detect even i upgrade to lastet version

i think its issue on grub  i will send the grub error on the topic
Reply View the author
baselkorj
deepin
2018-06-19 12:48
i used basic install and my secure boot was turned off , still have this issue
i tried to you ins ...

15.1 isn't upgradable to 15.6 as far as i can tell.
Reply View the author
al1khavari
deepin
2018-06-19 13:02
thats the error when i grub-install

1. Installing for i386-pc platform.
  2. grub-install: warning: this GPT partition label contains no BIOS Boot Partition; embedding won't be possible.
  3. grub-install: warning: Embedding is not possible.  GRUB can only be installed in this setup by using blocklists.  However, blocklists are UNRELIABLE and their use is discouraged..
  4. grub-install: error: will not proceed with blocklists.
Copy the Code

so which version have the UEFI option on instalition ( pic 1 )?
Reply View the author
gaoshou
deepin
2018-06-19 18:03
HI

Uefi must work with GPT disk
Legacy install can work with MBR
Reply View the author
al1khavari
deepin
2018-06-20 01:19
i fixed that issue and i want to share my solution for other person

first of all i boot from Live Deepin and going to gparted  , and i delete all of my partitions ( dont worry  i dont have important files )
after that i create bootable usb with rufus for windows image and at this time i used the GPT Scheme for UEFI
i run the windows installtion and change the disk from mbr to gpt
after the windows installtion complete i create a bootable usb with deepin boot maker
i setup deepin with easy install and i dont going on Advanced mode to create partitions
when the pc reboot after installtion  i saw the grub menu and i could choose between windows or deepin

just another qouestion :
i setup deepin with easy install and i dont create partitions for /root , /home and /swap , can i create now ?
Reply View the author
baselkorj
deepin
2018-06-20 05:23
i fixed that issue and i want to share my solution for other person

first of all i boot from Live D ...

You don't have to it creates them on its own, I did use the Basic Install approach and it did everything by itself. You can check by opening the system monitor and see the amount of swap you have.
Reply View the author