Deepin OS install on PC Stick
Tofloor
poster avatar
robertsala
deepin
2018-03-28 06:33
Author
Has anyone, including deepin staffers, successfully installed Deepin OS on a PC stick? There exists many pc sticks that the hardware is compatible to run Windows 10, Android and Ubuntu. I would like a pc stick (with two USB 3.0 ports, one for wireless keyboard, one for wireless mouse) with Deepin OS for tv. I assume that pc sticks with Ubuntu installed would be the most compatible for Deepin install. Here are some pc sticks
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ltype=wholesale&d=y&origin=y&blanktest=0&jump=afs&SearchText=PC+Stick&tc=af&initiative_id=SB_20180327062330&isViewCP=y&catId=0  

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
oscararg
deepin
2018-03-28 12:05
If that thing connects to a tv, monitor or whatever, and if the USB port or... must say... the BIOS, recognizes the pendrive you put to the usb as a bootable system, yes, there is possibility, if not, there isn't.
Anyways, I do not recommend to install Deepin on that thing, because... "Minimun Deepin Requirements: Intel Pentium IV 2.0GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 10GB Hard Drive". For a low power device like that (less than 2ghz processor), you can run Deepin but not so much more. It even surprises me that they put Windows on one of these, or Ubuntu with Unity DE.
If you'll buy one of these, I recommend you any Linux distro with LXQT or LXDE environtments (Debian, Fedora, Lubuntu, LXLE, Manjaro, etc), as they are created for low specs machines, MATE or XFCE work good too. And my personal recommendation must be "Android-x86", the Android port for desktop and this one can run in very low specs machines even more lighter than LXDE.
And, for last recommendation, I find those sticks a little overpriced, as you can find complete Raspberry PI3 or PI3+ packs (the ones with cooler are the best), for half the price and more connections and expansion possibilities (a Raspberry is a mini-pc as little as a credit card).
Reply View the author
robertsala
deepin
2018-03-29 09:51
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/154726
If that thing connects to a tv, monitor or whatever, and if the USB port or... must say... the BIOS, ...

Thank you for replying! Agreed, a Raspberry PI3 or PI3+ would be best.
Reply View the author