Full Disk Encryption
Tofloor
poster avatar
linux_tim
deepin
2018-02-27 20:48
Author
I believe this question has been posted at one time or another some time ago but I was wondering if there was an updated answer.

I used deepin a number of years ago but did not stick with the distribution for a number of reasons. One of the biggest of those reasons was the lack of full disk encryption being available during the installation process. Has this changed? If it is not available via the installation process, is there another way of encrypting the disk post-installation?

I installed the latest (deepin 15.5) in a Virtual Machine and really enjoy using it but for it to be feasible for daily use on my laptop, I really need this option.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
linux_tim
deepin
2018-03-05 17:18
I do not seem to be attracting an answer from the deepin Community at-large and am unsure why.

Is there a chance an individual from the Development Team could ring in with an answer/direction?

Thanks!
Reply View the author
bigbr
deepin
2018-03-06 20:28
This may be a loss.I think you can report it to Deepin developers.
Reply View the author
jingle
deepin
2018-03-06 20:37
deepin file manager 1.7 supported
Reply View the author
woodelf
deepin
2018-03-07 00:00
Full disk encryption is only available via manual setup at the moment.
"Manual" means you will need to setup LUKS disk partition schema, extract the system (.squashfs image) into target partiton in a live mode, and then configure network, users, grub etc in a chroot environment.
Reply View the author
linux_tim
deepin
2018-03-07 14:37
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/153624
deepin file manager 1.7 supported

This is not explanatory in any way. Can you elaborate?
Reply View the author
linux_tim
deepin
2018-03-07 14:38
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/153624
Full disk encryption is only available via manual setup at the moment.
"Manual" means you will need  ...

With what I've been reading based on your answer, this looks like it is a very laborious project and done with mixed results.
Reply View the author