Deeping 15.5 - Headphone jack has stopped working
Tofloor
poster avatar
pkalamula
deepin
2018-02-17 03:08
Author
I recently installed Deepin 15.5 on Dell xps-15-9550 and everything was working fine. Today the heaphone jack has stopped working. When I plug in headphones, the speakers keep playing as if nothing has been plugged in. When I go to settings to force the sound card to use heaphones as output, speakers stop but still no sound in the headphones.

Is there a way to reset the sound card or whatever to have the settings that worked at first?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
litsdeepin
deepin
2018-02-17 09:11
The recent days are Chinese new year festival, everyone is on holiday now. Wait several days, https://bbs.deepin.org/user/101846 will answer you.
Reply View the author
cnotechnology
deepin
2018-02-18 05:23
Can that be the problem of your driver?Or the line of your headphones?Try to plug in your headphones in another device or ask dell for the latist driver.
Reply View the author
pkalamula
deepin
2018-02-19 23:54
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/153314
Can that be the problem of your driver?Or the line of your headphones?Try to plug in your headphones ...

The line of headphones is fine. There is something wrong with the OS - a bug or something.
Reply View the author
Blogghete
deepin
2018-02-20 01:39
It seems that the Sound Card Driver is not used anymore for some problem...
A fresh clean install of deepin can solve the problem, but i know that it is almost frustrating.
Reply View the author
emviveros
deepin
2018-02-23 07:04
Edited by emviveros at 2018-2-22 23:05

Maybe alsa volumes are so low or muted.

Open terminal and type:
alsamixer

press F6 and select your sound card
to navigate in the mixer use the arrow keys and to unmutte channel, press "m" key.

I can't save the modifications yet, so if someone have know how, I thank you!

Cheers
Reply View the author
pkalamula
deepin
2018-10-18 22:58
I forgot to thank you all for the contributions. The problem disappeared after a Deepin update. I guess it was a bug. Cheers!
Reply View the author