Overheating laptop
Tofloor
poster avatar
gogobaba
deepin
2018-01-28 08:33
Author
Hello team,
I have a huge problem with your awesome OS.
I'm running the OS on Lenovo G580 laptop.

The performance of the OS is really fast but  i encountered an issue with the laptop overheating.
I updated the OS  with the latest available updates from the update tools but still no resolution.

The load on on CPU,as per the default monitoring app,doesn't go above 15-20% but the processor's temperature rises dramatically, about 90C.
The weird thing is that the fans are working,not as good as running a Windows OS but i can hear them prominantly but the temperature of the CPU stays very high while the load of the CPU in the monitoring system doesn't go above 20%.

The above issue is present no matter the workload on the CPU, (picture editing, idleing, YouTube).

The fans of the laptop never go as quite or as loud as they do when the laptop is running on Windows OS, they are constantly spinning at "half way speed".

Laptop in question:
Laptop G580
Inter I7-3632QM
6 GB RAM
Nvidia g635M video card.

Looking forward for some information that can fix the issue.

If this is not the proper section of the forum, please move the thread to the correct one.

Best regards

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
gogobaba
deepin
2018-01-30 08:31
Hello team,

I was wondering if anyone has any information on the above or if anyone faces similar issues.
Reply View the author
ryantek809
deepin
2018-02-06 06:31
I wonder if your laptop is working ok under windows? My educated guess will be doing an update on the Nvidia drivers.
Reply View the author