CUPS problem after update
Tofloor
poster avatar
angourakis
deepin
2017-11-08 05:06
Author
Hello guys and girls, how are you?

Well, I have recently installed Deepin on my laptop, and I'm trying to install my printer. It does not matter if I choose HPLIP or IPP, the same always happens: "CUPS server error". I am attaching a screenshot:

The funny thing is that I can install my printer normally if I do it right after installing Deepin, BEFORE installing the updates. I just couldn't do it because I wasn't at home and I was willing to see if the problem was already fixed.

I have already tried to install the latest HPLIP, but it wasn't successfull since it does not recognize Deepin, even if I choose Debian as the base system. Also, trying to install via CUPS Print Server produces the same result.

Does anyone know how can I fix it?

Thank you!
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
angourakis
deepin
2017-11-08 05:36
Just to report back, I could finally get it to work.

In terminal, I run hp-setup, select to search for my wireless printer and enter the IP number manually. It is finally working =D

The strange thing is that it used to work when adding straight from the Print Settings panel, before any updates were made to the system. It would be nice if the team could take a look at what has broken during the update.

Best Regards,
Rafael
Reply View the author
svetoch
deepin
2017-12-03 05:37
I have this problem too. After clean installation 15.5, i cannot connect to Samsung 2070 by network.
If i'm installing 15.4, this problem is аpsent.
How i can install old version cups in 15.5?
Reply View the author
svetoch
deepin
2017-12-03 05:50
I solved this problem. Add this printer by web http://127.0.0.1:631
Reply View the author