DDE on Debian 9 stable?
Tofloor
poster avatar
jmrunge
deepin
2017-06-27 10:57
Author
Hi,
Im formatting my laptop and pretend to install Debian 9 stable. It would be great if I can install Deepin Desktop Enviroment and its tools (specially WPS) on it.  Is it possible? If it is, how to do it? Thanks in advance!!

Kind Regards,

Juan Martin
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
jingle
deepin
2017-06-27 16:31
Debian sid
Reply View the author
Blogghete
deepin
2017-06-28 00:58
You can install WPS Office (2016 version) that is free for everyone (for all the operating systems) by downloading the binary files from the official Web site.
I have installed WPS Office 2016 on my Debian with GTK Desktop Environment and it works great, if you install the MS Fonts (you can install the MS Fonts by using the sources on GitHub).
Regards.
Reply View the author
nipos
deepin
2017-06-28 01:05
You can use Deepin Desktop Environment on nearly every distribution.
For Debian just add the Deepin repositories.
Deepin is based on Debian so this is perfectly compatible.
When you have done this,run the following commands:
apt-get update
apt-get install deepin
If the second command returns an error,you must specify every deepin program alone.
I use Arch which supports program groups (meaning 'pacman -S deepin' installs all deepin apps) and I don't know if Debian supports that too.
If not,I will give you a list of all Deepin programs.
The only Deepin program which normally isn't compatible with other distributions is the appstore but on Debian it's possible that it works.
Everything other should work well.
Reply View the author
Blogghete
deepin
2017-06-28 01:07
Because deepin is Debian sid you can install the DDE on Debian.

You can install the DDE also in a manjaro based distro.
You can download a manjaro distro with the DDE installed from sourceforge. It is a community edition, not an official edition but it works great (in that edition the Chromium Web browser replaces Google Chrome and the App Store is missing, but you can install Google Chrome by enabling the AUR repository and by exporting the http_proxy global variable if you are under corporate proxy).
Reply View the author
Comments
nipos
2017-06-28 01:17
I don't know why someone should replace the one tracking shit with another tracking shit but just to make your answer correct: You don't need the AUR,Chrome is in the official repository.
Blogghete
deepin
2017-06-28 01:24
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/141652
Because deepin is Debian sid you can install the DDE on Debian.

You can install the DDE also in a m ...

I have no problem with tracking shit.
I can't find Google Chrome on the official repository. In the official repository I can find only Chromium.
Reply View the author
nipos
deepin
2017-06-28 02:35
Of course,it's not here.
I'm sure that I had an package called google-chrome-stable from the official repositories a few years ago.
Probably that was another distribution.
I don't use Chrome anymore so I didn't notice that.
Sorry :/
Reply View the author