GRUB not loading in default
Tofloor
poster avatar
chisty
deepin
2016-08-13 22:40
Author
hi guys
i'm new to linux. i just installed deepin in my Samsung np355e4x-a02my and its the only os installed. No dual-boot or anything. i installed it in from a flash drive. i partitioned my hdd in expert-mode. i made three partitions, one for efi, one for swap and one for /. i installed with uefi mode. it was installed successfully.
now the problem is, when i clicked reboot after installation copmpleted it i was greeted with a black blank screen. then i checked my boot order. it was:
1.deepin, 2. hdd, 3.cd/dvd
i then rebooted my pc again and nothing changed.
then rebooted it again and pressed f10 and selected deepin and the grub boot manager opened. so every time i open my pc i have to press f10 and select deepin.
is there a way to fix this? what to do?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
stevex
deepin
2016-08-13 23:09
Hi. One simple thing you can try first is to update grub in the terminal, reboot and see if you now have a boot menu. I believe the command is: "sudo update-grub". I believe the dash is supposed to be there. If this does not work, you can try reinstalling grub. Good luck. Oh, secure boot is turned off or disabled?
Reply View the author
chisty
deepin
2016-08-13 23:16
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/31358
Hi. One simple thing you can try first is to update grub in the terminal, reboot and see if you now  ...

i've already tried updating and reinstalling grub. didn't worknfor me
Reply View the author
infuscomus
deepin
2016-08-14 00:39
maybe try swapping deepin and hdd in the boot order
Reply View the author
chisty
deepin
2016-08-14 01:19
tried that too. but nothing happens. but if i press f10 and select hdd it takes me to grub rescue.
Reply View the author
stevex
deepin
2016-08-14 10:35
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair                  This might help.
Reply View the author
tristar
deepin
2016-08-15 08:07
Edited by tristar at 2016-8-14 17:10

You should go in the bios (F2 at boot or DEL, or F9 or I do not know what you have) and make changes there (boot from which device), your grub is working ok, but computer is loading from other hdd and not from hdd where you have grub installed. It works for me, as I have few HDD in pc, so I can chose with F10 or in bios, wich one i will load. So use BIOS way and change there...
Reply View the author