TP-Link TL-WN823N
Tofloor
poster avatar
Favaro
deepin
2016-07-08 09:55
Author
Hello, how can i install TP-Link TL-WN823N ?
I need network ,
i have search on google but i dont understand this .

can any give me Sudo cods or driver ?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
stevex
deepin
2016-07-08 17:19
In many cases this wifi adapter is plug and play, particularly on Linux. Just plug it into one of your usb ports, then go to your wifi network(s) and connect, providing your password if asked.  If that does not work, go to owner's reviews on Amazon of similar site to see how others got it working. Many Linux OSs already have drivers installed for this adapter. Good luck.
Reply View the author
Favaro
deepin
2016-07-09 00:41
I have a computer, it is not a netbook.
I bought the stick to go without cable to the internet.
Now I need the drivers to make the connection.
Reply View the author
Favaro
deepin
2016-07-09 00:48
Edited by Favaro at 2016-7-8 16:50

I downloaded the driver from the website , but how can i install ???
Reply View the author
com_bvv
deepin
2016-07-09 04:10
Edited by com_bvv at 2016-7-8 20:16

You don't need to download anything! In system there are already drivers! is fully compatible Linux. You just need to plugin and start browsing.

Reply View the author
Favaro
deepin
2016-07-09 04:54

When I open Firefox or Google Chrome, is there any connection.
What do you mean Plugind and browser?
Where can I find the plugin?
Reply View the author
com_bvv
deepin
2016-07-09 06:18
Plug in))))
Reply View the author
Favaro
deepin
2016-07-09 06:37
Edited by Favaro at 2016-7-8 22:40

Dont work.

Reply View the author
Favaro
deepin
2016-07-09 07:54
Her that is the Driver , but how can i install this ?
Reply View the author
omelette
deepin
2016-07-09 08:17
Edited by omelette at 2016-7-9 00:21

As others have said, you do not need to install any drivers for your router.

I have a TP-Link MR3420 and all you have to do is insure you have a wireless connection to the router set up correctly (or use a cable for a direct connection), then in Firefox (for example) enter "192.168.1.1" where you would type a URL, and hit Enter.  The browser will then connect with the router, then you can configure your settings from within Firefox.  I am of course presuming that your router's configuration is not much different than mine.
Reply View the author
stevex
deepin
2016-07-09 10:25
Edited by stevex at 2016-7-9 02:29

When you received your TP-Link adapter, you should have received a small rectangular usb device and , also, maybe a small circular disk. You do not need the disk. All you need to do is plug the small rectangular usb device into a usb port on your desk top pc and your pc will now be able to receive wifi signals from your router, To do that, just go to the wifi or internet settings on your pc, enter your password and connect. Most pcs already have wifi capabilities in addition to ethernet or wired internet capabilities, so I'm a bit surprised that you needed a wifi adapter to begin with. Do you have the usb adapter, about the size of you thumbnail, in front of you? If not, perhaps it was missing, fell on the floor or whatnot. If you haveit, just plug into a usb port on your pc. Good luck.
Reply View the author
Favaro
deepin
2016-07-09 12:57
Edited by Favaro at 2016-7-9 05:03

Hi Guys,

In the box was the USB stick and a CD.
I have plugged the USB stick to a free space.
It shows no reaction.
I have inserted the CD, look at the pictures.
The WiFi adapter is new , I bought it yesterday.
Reply View the author
stevex
deepin
2016-07-09 15:19
Sorry your having such a hassle. I'm stumped as to how to install driver. On the TP-Link download page that you downloaded the driver from, there is a support forum on the left that you can go to > tech support > for home > adapters, which might be of help. The only other suggestion would be to try all your usb ports with the adapter. For what it is worth, 12% of purchasers on Amazon review gave this adapter 1 star  for various problems.
Reply View the author
omelette
deepin
2016-07-09 17:04
Edited by omelette at 2016-7-9 09:27

Sorry for the confusion, I thought you had a router when I saw the TP-Link mention.

I have just downloaded the Linux driver from TP-Link's site and compiled it without a problem here on Linux Mint (32-bit) - took about 1min.  Since I'm building stuff all of the time, I have all the build-support stuff already installed, which is probably the only snag you'll hit.

All you need to do is extract the 'Drivers' folder to your home directory, navigate to it from the terminal, 'cd ~/Drivers', and enter 'make', followed by 'sudo make install'.  If you are feeling like a challenge, you could also install 'checkinstall' so that you could build a .deb package of the driver, rather than just installing it directly.

Edit:  Given that Deepin's kernel is officially 4.4.6, a potentially much bigger problem exists - TP-Link's site states - 'Support linux(kernel 2.6.18 ~ 3.10.10)'.
Reply View the author
com_bvv
deepin
2016-07-09 23:38
In vain you are so ! Let  him will install Windows)
Reply View the author
Favaro
deepin
2016-07-11 14:34

Hi, Thanks for the help .
I have bought a new stick and running without driver
Thank you very much
Reply View the author