deepin very buggy
Tofloor
poster avatar
dougperry
deepin
2016-01-20 14:01
Author
i downloaded deepin and found it very buggy needs a lot of work. everything i tryed to do was full of probs. will keep useing mint 17.3 did like some things but as a whole its junk. lots of work needed in all areas in my opion should not have been relased yet. ty doug
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
minamiwolf
deepin
2016-01-29 09:46
Surely deepin 15 is not for main distro to use.
Reply View the author
morriarthy
deepin
2016-08-27 00:59
For me it works fine and I had no problems yet.
Reply View the author
m***[email protected]
deepin
2016-08-27 01:49
Try in September, with Deepin 15.3. ;)
Reply View the author
tristar
deepin
2016-08-27 03:24
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30611
Surely deepin 15 is not for main distro to use.

I'm using it from 15.0 as they moved to the debian sources. Few gliches, but it's usable for production.
Reply View the author
com_bvv
deepin
2016-08-27 05:38
I would say - leave your opinions to yourself. If you are unable to work with anything, straighten yourself or your hands, or brain. My Deepin works best that I had.
Reply View the author
kayoo
deepin
2016-08-27 06:14
Maybe you should try to describe your "problems"...

Yell "It's broken !!!" without explanation is dumb.
Reply View the author
serenase
deepin
2016-08-27 07:20
I agree with original poster. I have used new version some days now and I'm really disappointed. There's some new features sure, but even the old ones not working yet as they should be. Exam. new calendar app... without option to add events or online account integration It's uselles. Old hud bubble was more handy to just check a date. Tray items not working at fashion mode. Where's notification badges for dock items? Launcher should have option to rearange items freely in when category mode. And other mode should have order of alphabet as default. Hard coded theming in Deepin apps... are you kidding me? So yeah, I don't have hopes high for next version.

{
Reply View the author
stevex
deepin
2016-08-27 08:50
The original post in this thread, by "dougperry" was posted 8 months ago, and it was the only post ever made by this "member".  He may have had a "buggy' experience with Deepin, but given the fact that Deepin is one of the most popular Linux distributions in the world ,casts doubt on his opinion. Hence, his experience appears to be an anomaly. A lot has changed in 8 months, including the growing popularity of Deepin, for it is probably the easiest Linux OS to use for people transitioning from Windows.
Reply View the author
com_bvv
deepin
2016-08-27 09:22
The original post in this thread, by "dougperry" was posted 8 months ago, and it was the only post e ...

And not only from the windows...
Reply View the author
serenase
deepin
2016-08-27 09:39
The original post in this thread, by "dougperry" was posted 8 months ago, and it was the only post e ...

Did not notest that. But you are right, it is easiest OS to new users. I wound it, when I was looking for an alternative to Ubuntu for someone who didn't like it. Since then I have use it too as my main DE alltho top on Manjaro. For me as a long term Linux users there's some flaws as I mention above. Other hand I enjoy it's simplicity and it's not coming way when job needs to get done and doesn't need any tinkering.. even if that would be possible. Manjaro did push out 15.3. too early and from stable repos, so users have to be beta testers even if they don't want to like myself. Well see, what there is coming. There's lost of good allready.
Reply View the author