[problem help] How can i use fingerprint sensor on deepin. Resolved
Tofloor
poster avatar
y***[email protected]
deepin
2024-08-25 23:10
Author

I am using Thinkpad E14 gen 2 and i have fingerprint sensor but i cant add fingerprint

resim.png

resim.png

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
y***[email protected]
deepin
2024-08-26 03:22

"Yüz" means face there is no fingerprint section

Reply View the author
hanzn-zzx
deepin
2024-08-26 13:04

You can try to reinstall deepin control center

Reply View the author
CS_GomesGaioso
2024-08-27 04:52

Please ignore the previous post. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Deepin Control Center.

The fact is Goodix fingerprint readers are botoriously dificult to use in Linux, that's the nature of proprietary drivers (i.e. closed-source).

Back in 2021 "something" started to crop up as explained in this AskUbuntu answer. Also this may work but don't keep your hopes high. Better to use a vendor's packaged driver anyway. Lenovo released Linux drivers for this firngerprint reader for some selected laptop models. I suggest you check its drivers' section before anything else.

Reply View the author
y***[email protected]
deepin
2024-08-27 05:22
CS_GomesGaioso

Please ignore the previous post. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Deepin Control Center.

The fact is Goodix fingerprint readers are botoriously dificult to use in Linux, that's the nature of proprietary drivers (i.e. closed-source).

Back in 2021 "something" started to crop up as explained in this AskUbuntu answer. Also this may work but don't keep your hopes high. Better to use a vendor's packaged driver anyway. Lenovo released Linux drivers for this firngerprint reader for some selected laptop models. I suggest you check its drivers' section before anything else.

I checked my model but unfortunately my lenovo laptop doesnt have linux driver for fingerprint sensor. Thanks for helping

Reply View the author
CS_GomesGaioso
2024-08-28 23:55

It's unfortunate.

This seems to confirm only one fingerprint reader of all the Thinkpad E14 product family and generations (not Goodix) has proper support (with a Lenovo's driver): https://github.com/ramaureirac/thinkpad-e14-linux/blob/main/tweaks/fingerprint/README.md

Reply View the author
𝓜𝓻.⠀𝓦𝓪𝓲
deepin
2024-08-31 20:13

In post #3, "botoriously" should have been written as "notoriously".

Reply View the author