[Newbies] Upgrading Deepin from v20.9 to v23
Tofloor
poster avatar
heavensword
deepin
2024-08-16 19:24
Author

Searching for updates from within Deepin 20.9 thru settings seems to be not working right now (never finishes searching after 30 mins). Are the update servers getting too many requests right now and blocking some requests to allieviate the network congestion?

I currently dual boot Deepin 20.9 alongside Windows 11. If I download the ISO of Deepin v23 and install it over the 20.9 partition, will the option to boot into Windows 11 still be there?

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Owensuwu
deepin
2024-08-17 08:49

Regarding overwriting Deepin 20.9 with Deepin 23, it's generally safe to assume that your Windows 11 partition will remain untouched. Most Linux distributions respect existing partitions during installation. However, to be absolutely certain, it's always a good idea to back up any important data before making significant system changes.

Reply View the author
r***[email protected]
deepin
2024-08-17 13:12

Como actualira de la version 20.9 a la 23 sin perder mis archivos y aplicaciones ?

Reply View the author
heavensword
deepin
2024-08-17 22:36
Owensuwu

Regarding overwriting Deepin 20.9 with Deepin 23, it's generally safe to assume that your Windows 11 partition will remain untouched. Most Linux distributions respect existing partitions during installation. However, to be absolutely certain, it's always a good idea to back up any important data before making significant system changes.

My question was whether the new V23 installation will wipe out the old GRUB boot menu (which means the Windows 11 boot entry will be gone) or leave the boot menu intact.

Reply View the author
n***[email protected]
deepin
2024-08-18 19:11

Deepin 20.9'u V23'e yükseltme talimatlarını bekliyorum. Bu konuda ne zaman bir güncelleme beklemeliyiz?

Reply View the author