During loading from boot-device (using ventoy) got this error:

failed to start deepin-login-sound.service

After it the system hangs and can be only hard rebooted

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
w***[email protected]
deepin
2024-08-25 07:35

I'm having the same problem with the release of Deepin 23. It loads and installs fine on my laptop, but not my main build. AMD Ryzen 5 5600, Nvidia 3060, Gigabyte A320M-S2H. I also unplugged everything but the essentials from my PC incase there was some incompatible device causing issues.

My first guess would be the Nvidia graphics card, but I am unsure how to go about fixing it. It hangs whether I try and boot into the Live Image, or try and install in Safe Mode.

Hope someone can help. :)

Edit: I was also using Ventoy at first, but I then switched to writing the iso with balenaEtcher but still the same problem.

Reply View the author
w***[email protected]
deepin
2024-08-25 23:06

I got it working last night, so I'll just let anyone know if they're having the same problem - just try installing it through the normal installer - not through the live image or the 'safe mode' installers - just the regular one. Worked perfectly, installed alongside my windows 11 and is dual booting perfectly. This was off my Ventoy usb, too.

So I guess it's just some kind of config error with the live image and my specific build. Because now it's installed it runs and looks great.

Hope this helps someone else. 😄

Reply View the author