[Newbies] I just want to say Thanks to Deepin!
Tofloor
poster avatar
heavensword
deepin
2022-10-11 07:47
Author

I just want to say thanks to Deepin. On the forum, I made the request that the Deepin Browser downloads icon with green dot was not very useful at all. They fixed it, now the icon expands to full list every time you download something and closes upon the next browser (link) left click. This behavior is now far more useful and superior than FireFox!

The second request I made was I wanted Windows XP style network icon where it was incredibly easy to diagnose network up/down activities by visual cues. Now in Deepin when you hover mouse over system tray resources icon, you can see the network up/down activities!

So, thank you very much once again to listenning to users complain and making those changes.

I do have another request. This third one is very more difficult to implement than the first two. The request is this: MS-DOS had QuickBasic that made the OS very versatile and catered to almost everyone's needs. Windows has Visual Studio and .NET framework that replaced QBASIC in DOS. Deepin needs to come up with something similar to compete with Windows. Windows even has a lite form called SmallBASIC. Deepin needs to have SmallBASIC equivalent then everyone can drop using Windows because it is bloated junkware and people only sticking to it to develop and use .NET apps! Or schools can teach Children to use Deepin "SmallBASIC" then everyone grows up using Deepin instead of bloat/junkware Windows... Also, please remember the Deepin "SmallBASIC" does NOT need to be complex enterprise software. Can port QBASIC to Deepin OS, so long as it supports resolutions higher than 640x480 and memory larger than 640KB that will be sufficient for hobbyists/enthusiasts and school children!

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
xuqi
deepin testing team
2022-10-11 17:57
  • Thanks for the feedback, this is a good suggestion ~ WE will record the relevant comments and feedback~
Reply View the author
ga******[email protected]
deepin
2022-10-14 23:42
The user is banned, and the content is hidden.