[Exchange and share] Better Hardware Compatibility
Tofloor
poster avatar
Octavian-Q
deepin
2022-07-30 02:57
Author

Currently Deepin has a problem with some hardware connected devices to the PC. Such as for example, Bluetooth adapters aren’t detected in settings, some models of fingerprint sensors aren’t detected by Biometric Authentication. Also, scanners from Canon arent properly working with Simple Scan (Deepin integrated app) and libraries missing making install the drivers challenging. And Logitech web cam is freezing and stop working after like just 10 minutes (sometimes less) of use.

So, my suggestion for next v23 is to focus attention on hardware compatibility and issues that may come with peripherals connected to a PC. On a laptop in comparison, where it has most of the things integrated from manufacture are much less issues than on a desktop PC where users get peripherals from so many different vendors.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
cuijun1225
deepin
2022-07-30 05:50

Come step by step. Rome will not be built in a day. I believe deepin will be better and better!

Reply View the author
仰而望星兮
deepin
2022-07-30 18:18

敢问足下显卡是什么型号的

Reply View the author
Merlin
Super Moderator
Product Manager
2022-07-30 18:27

Hardware and ecology are the core of the operating system. We will improve V23 from the bottom layer, compatibility and other aspects

Reply View the author
JetMechanic
deepin
2022-08-07 22:43
Merlin

Hardware and ecology are the core of the operating system. We will improve V23 from the bottom layer, compatibility and other aspects

Hi Merlin,

More hardware compatibility updates would be fantastic. Sadly right now i have no Wi-Fi because it looks like the driver is not available. It worked great on Ubuntu but unfortunately not on Deepin.

I made a post about it already: https://bbs.deepin.org/en/post/241314

Thank you.

Reply View the author