Asus K501L Deepin vs Kubuntu
Tofloor
poster avatar
h***[email protected]
deepin
2020-09-23 00:40
Author
Hello. I have an Asus K501L laptop with a backlit keyboard. On Kubuntu, after about 1 minute of inactivity, the keyboard dims, while in Deepin it does not. In addition, in Kubuntu the fan speed is 4500-4600 and in Deepin 5300 and more. He makes a lot of noise. Is there any special driver for Asus to make it the same?

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
神末shenmo
deepin
Spark-App
2020-09-23 00:49
maybe upgrade kernel would solve this
Reply View the author
imic07
deepin
2020-09-23 01:28
Reply View the author
h***[email protected]
deepin
2020-09-23 07:17
Hi,

I turned off intel_pstate and the fan speed is normal.
I have read a bit about this technology and I wonder if it is better to turn off in Deepin by default? It seems to be disabled in Ubuntu.

It would be nice if someone else knew how to turn off the keyboard light. Detail, but in the evenings it bothers when I watch a movie via HDMI.
Reply View the author
SamLukeYes
deepin
2020-09-23 07:50
本帖最后由 samlukeyes123 于 2020-9-22 23:53 编辑
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/202675
Hi,

I turned off intel_pstate and the fan speed is normal.

Turning P-state driver off is not good as a default option. P-state driver can adjust the CPU frequency automatically, though it enables turbo boost, which can produce a lot of heat, by default. However, using the default settings of traditional CPUFreq driver (by simply disable P-state driver) sometimes makes things even worse. For example, on my Surface Pro 6, using P-state as default can heat the device up after working with 2 or 3 apps for a period of time, but simply disabling P-state driver can heat it up in several minutes even with no apps (except Budgie itself, the DE I used then) running, because CPUFreq doesn't reduce the frequency when idle by default. If you just want to reduce the heat, you'd better turn off turbo boost when you don't need it, rather than disabling P-state. When P-state driver is available, CPUFreq is always an advanced option, which is not as smart as former, but provides more options for you -- usually you need to adjust its settings manually.
Reply View the author
h***[email protected]
deepin
2020-09-23 08:07
Ok. I understand. I have to test.

For now, after launching Minecraft, the fans are working fine and run at +6000RPM. When I quit the game, it's 4600-4700. Firefox depends on page  4800-5100RPM.
Reply View the author