Thinking about leaving deepin... I'm so disappointed by V20...
Tofloor
poster avatar
th3blad3runn3r
deepin
2020-01-05 13:14
Author
Edited by th3blad3runn3r at 2020-1-5 15:01

Hi Folks,
I'm a fellow Deepin user since 15.1.  It's my main distro since then, and I really felt IN LOVE with it.
I've always been amazed by DDE, and its wonderful innovations (dde-control-center, for instance).

But...
I've been  plyaing with V20 Beta for some time now, and all i can say, is i strongly disagree with the landlord's directions.
Lost of DDE control center, too much fancy "decorations" (rounded corners, anyone ?), new dock look, are far from impressive to me, but much more a huge regression. I tried, in the last few weeks, to adapt to this new paradigm, but this all look to me like a waste of time and energy.

Yes, I always wanted more customization, but not without thinking of evolution, especially kernel ones.
Yes, I was in love with Deepin store, but always wanted more recent packages in it.
Yes, I love Deepin music and Deepin movie; but versions shipped with V20 don't bring much more than a new look.

Still, Deepin terminal would stay my favorite, due to its splitting windows ability and theming.

I'm sad, because, Deepin was such a huge innovation in the desktop environment jungle.
V20 looks more or less like a ugly Gnome evolution, and has lost deepin soul.

Why such breaking changes, as long as the majority of users where looking for stabilty and kernel updates ?
Does it have to do with Huawei, UOS ?

Here were my two cents.
I'd be glad to hear your point of view

All the best.
Jean-Philippe
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
2 / 2
To page
nero28
deepin
2020-02-28 23:53
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/187698
I actually found the V20 beta working quite well and the VPN connection is fantastic. I personally d ...

I'm with you
Reply View the author
happysmile12321
deepin
2020-02-29 00:16
国际友人啊
Reply View the author
happysmile12321
deepin
2020-02-29 00:16
我英语不大好,不过我会尽量看懂
Reply View the author
happysmile12321
deepin
2020-02-29 00:35
Is there have a quick way to learn programming if your native language is English?
Reply View the author
seyedali
deepin
2020-06-23 23:37
I am working with deepin OS and dde for about 5 years, I even report some bug and working with its repos in github (anyone remember the problem with dock and having double gpu in laptops with deepin?) and stayed with deepin through all of those bugs; as the others in this thread, I am also very disappointed the very first day I got v20, I don't wanna lie, I was really excited about it and looked forward to getting it, but the day I finally reach to that point, the first use, all of the excitement....gone, it just turned me off.
the big icons and other big elements are very buzzkills, who do u think we are? some blind guys?
anyway, that they I turned my dde to budgie 4 which has some problems with manjaro but I still have it, it doesn't think I am blind.
Reply View the author
Platypus
deepin
2020-06-24 16:43
I am concerned about it too. Deepin has been my main OS from the days it was sitting on Ubuntu. I have V20 Beta on my laptop and find it very underwhelming. I cna see very little real innovation and a lot of cosmetics. Beautiful to ugly - so far.  Ubuntu tried to make a "one size fits all" desktop with Unity and it failed!! I will hold my judgement for the time being but what I see at the moment is not very appealing to me. I'll wait and see.
Reply View the author
cheny
deepin
2020-06-24 16:56
As you know, it's still a beta version.
Reply View the author
deepin-mq
deepin
2020-06-24 17:51
Hello, thank you for your support and love for deep in. For vision and interaction, we have done a lot of optimization in V20, some of which are to bring you better experience, but the same problem is that it takes some time to get used to it. We also did some work on the kernel part of your feedback. We will evaluate the improvement suggestions of our system and thank you again for your feedback.
Reply View the author
2 / 2
To page