Tofloor
poster avatar
lesbara1
deepin
2019-09-30 10:45
Author
Edited by lesbara1 at 2019-10-20 21:43

Hi,

I'd need to run the above mentioned proprietary software. The installation was succesful but it just won't start. I started to browse different Linux forums and eventually started to get things together. Unfortunately, it misses libpng12.so.0
  1. /opt/pt/bin/PacketTracer7: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Copy the Code
The package is not in the repository, so I downloaded it from Debian Jessie's repo. Unfortuantely, I couldn't install it
  1. Unpacking libpng12-0:amd64 (1.2.50-2+deb8u3) ...
  2. dpkg: error processing archive libpng12-0_1.2.50-2+deb8u3_amd64.deb (--install):
  3. unable to install new version of`/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpng12.so.0': No such file or directory
Copy the Code
So I found this exact error message on a Debian forum where someone tried to install the same package on Stretch. They recommended him to install the version from Sid because the Jessie version just won't work with Stretch. I couldn't download the package from Sid because one of the links timed out, the rest gave a 404 error. So I downloaded it's source and compiled it but it still doesn't work.
So I tried locate and this is what I got:
  1. locate libpng12.so.0
  2. /opt/kingsoft/wps-office/office6/libpng12.so.0
  3. /opt/kingsoft/wps-office/office6/libpng12.so.0.50.0
Copy the Code
Here's Packet Tracer's installer script: https://kutt.it/h6j3lZ
What should I do now?

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
lesbara1
deepin
2019-10-21 05:42
Sorry, I was too busy to edit this topic until now but I managed to solve this problem. I had to run PacketTracer7 from /opt/pt/bin/ to see what it needs. One such dependency was libpng12.so.0 and the other was libpq.so.5. The second was easy to solve (after finding out which package contains it) but the first one didn't work, so I tried to symlink  libpng12.so.0 from /opt/kingsoft/wps-office/office6/ to /usr/local/lib. However there already was a libpng12.so.0 in /usr/local/lib, so I renamed it and symlinked the one from WPS Office's directory. And Packet Tracer finally worked. I don't know what's the difference between the two files but as long as everything works, I don't care either.
Reply View the author