ACPI Error Acer R3 - 131T
Tofloor
poster avatar
guitarman
deepin
2019-10-09 10:19
Author
Edited by guitarman at 2019-10-9 02:19

Hi hoping someone can assist and that I've actually put this in the right section?[index]

I have a Acer Aspire R3 2016 model, which initially came pre-installed with Windows 10 BIOS Version 1.15, there is a newer version but it needs Windows to install! and the difference only appears to resolve no warning message when Clear TPM in Win10 OS

I've successfully installed the very latest Deepin version 15.11 doing a clean install to remove Windows.

During install it came up with lots of ACPI errors, which I ignored and everything seems to be working fine, however after the graphical grub menu I get a list of the ACPI errors which I find annoying, this is just prior to Deepin starting. Quite simply I don't want these to display as it makes the lovely Deepin start up screen look untidy.

I found various reference to edit the grub boot by select e, then adding the acpi=off, if I do this then Deepin just dosen't boot into a graphical interface and just goes to a command line giving some irq errors.

All I really want to do is supress the acpi errors, rather than turn acpi off as it would appear it's required based on what I've tried.

I'd be really grateful for any guidance of how to stop this and permanently write the fix to the system.

Thanks

Guitarman
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies

No replies yet