write Chinese pinyin
Tofloor
poster avatar
oui
deepin
2019-06-25 12:19
Author
Hi

I would like to re-begin to write Chinese pinyin. But it seems to be difficult in Deepin as I am not able to use the full set of character map US INTL (it it VERY DIFFICULT to use that it in Deepin! The natural situation in Deepin is that Deepin refuses that map! I did find a way intalling JWM (Joe's Window Manager) and setting my StartupCommand like following in /etc/jwm/system.jwmrc

xli -onroot -fillscreen /usr/share/wallpapers/deepin/Reflection_of_the_Kanas_Lake_by_Wang_Jinyu.jpg &

exec seamnkey -private &
        exec setxkbmap us intl

But no way to produce the composed signs with tones for

Linguist's Note:

The following are the IPA symbols for this section’s Mandarin finals:
          Mandarin:         ü         [y]
          Mandarin:         üe         [yɛ]
          Mandarin:         üan         [yɛn]
          Mandarin:         ün         [yn]

( https://chinesepod.com/tools/pronunciation/section/15 )?

Kind regards

Note: I use no input methode but only https://inputking.com/ if I try to produce real Chine signs. But I find Chinese signs are nothing for me and would prefer to stay at good complete pinyin transcription. It's difficult enough for me :-)) ! And different from the other offered languages in InputKing, for the own tongue, InputKing offer no transliteration table of the signs for simpl. PinYin in it small editor menu!

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
Ochir
deepin
2019-06-25 16:18
The Chinese Pinyin input method also uses the standard English keyboard layout.
In Chinese input method:
1. ü  = v
2. üe rarely appear (only lüe & nüe = lve & nve), and other situations exist as ue (e.g. yue, jue, que, xue)
     but you can also use lue & nue, the results are the same as lve & nve, when you use the Chinese input method
3.  no üan in Pinyin, but uan. Although sometimes read as "üan", it is written as "uan".
4.  ün is similar to üan, no ün but un in Chinese input method.
If you are using deepin, you can download Sogou Pinyin directly.
sougou-pinyin
Or you can also search for other Chinese input methods in the app store(deepin-appstore).
Reply View the author
WENWEN
deepin
2019-06-25 16:20
@adia
Reply View the author
oui
deepin
2019-06-26 11:34
Tank you very much for the explainations. I will complete them with following observations:

I did find a partially working way:

ǘ

and

ǜ

as well as

ǖ

HOW TO DO THAT: Hit first the accent. nothing appears on the screen. and after that write the "ü" hitting both AltGr+y under it!

(I am in Deepin now and write out Deepin in a webkit browser using not Deepin but the JWM window manager)

But I have also an old print out from an old Linux where it was possible to do the same with ^ and with ˘. Those to can I not able to reproduce in Deepin...

Reply View the author
Ochir
deepin
2019-06-26 14:16
本帖最后由 Ochir 于 2019-6-26 06:23 编辑

Okay, ich habe vielleicht misverstanden, was du meinst.

Deine Methode ist ähnlich wie die französische Eingabemethode.

Normale chinesische Eingabemethoden haben keine Ausgabeform, wie du möchtest. Trotzdem kannst du solche Dinge in speziellen Symbolen zu finden.

ā        á        ǎ        à
ō        ó        ǒ        ò
ē        é        ě        è
ī        í        ǐ        ì
ū        ú        ǔ        ù
ǖ        ǘ        ǚ        ǜ

Reply View the author
oui
deepin
2019-08-12 11:32
danke sehr (verspätet, tut mir leid!) eine sehr interessante info!
Reply View the author