Keep a program from updating. (Teamviewer)
Tofloor
poster avatar
wongdongfu
deepin
2018-12-13 08:33
Author
Edited by wongdongfu at 2018-12-13 00:35

Hi,

First I am not a Linux super user. but have been playing with linux for many years.

My normal day consists of spreadsheets, email, remote control to other computers, web, virtual machines, and a few games.

I have to say I am very happy with this distro -  great job - everything works out of the box and it looks great.

Now on to my issue. I have a subscription to Teamviewer 12 (remote control program that I use to help clients) - But Deepin constantly wants to update to version 13 whenever Deepin runs its updates.

Right now I can see Teamviewer 13 in my list of updates that Deepin wants to install when I look at updates in the control center.

I need the version of Teamviewer to stay at 12, do not upgrade to 13 or any other version that comes out. (If I update to 13 I can't help my clients)

To try and combat the update I installed Synaptic Package Manager and locked the version of Teamviewer within the Synaptic interface to version 12.
Even though I did this. I still see Deepin wants to update the version of Teamviewer (within the control center - updates)

Is there a way I can tell Deepin to not update the version .. and even better not even show there is an update in the Deepin interface within control panel.

Thank you for any help that can be provided.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
sukarof
deepin
2018-12-14 04:08
have you tried
sudo apt-mark hold

it worked for me when deepin wanted to downgrade latest vivaldi browser to the lower version that was in deepin app store when system was updated.
Reply View the author
wongdongfu
deepin
2018-12-14 08:19
I will give the "hold" a shot and let you know if that works... thank you for the response.

Reply View the author
wongdongfu
deepin
2018-12-15 14:48
Well .... The "hold" did not work - after the latest update .. Teamviewer updated to 13 .. There has to be some simple way to tell Deepin to not update a program ... .

Any other thoughts ?

Thank you in advance.
Reply View the author