Deepin Store suggestion
Tofloor
poster avatar
fusion809
deepin
2018-09-26 03:32
Author
Edited by fusion809 at 2018-9-25 19:33

Hi, I saw your Facebook video on the upcoming 15.7 release, it seems quite well done, so good on yas. The only problem I saw from it was that Flatpak packages were the only cross-distro ones the Deepin Store seemed to recognize and be able to install.

AppImages need no root privileges in order to be run and I can't help but to think the store would be improved if it was able to also show AppImages available from appimagehub.com. It wouldn't also hurt if the store could show themes and wallpapers available from openDesktop.org. If you want an example of how this can be done I suggest you look at KDE Discover and how it integrates themes from openDesktop.org (specifically its sub-website kde-looks.org) into it, as well as OCS Store (https://gitlab.opencode.net/OCS/ocs-store). OCS Store also has a program, ocs-url,, that opens ocs:// URLs, which are used at openDesktop.org, in it. That way users can search the openDesktop.org website in their web browser as well if they want to and when they find something they like they merely press the "Install" button in their browser, which points to a ocs:// URL, which ocs-url then opens in OCS Store. It'd be great if Deepin Store could open these links and install from ocs:// URLs too, either that or maybe OCS Store and ocs-url pre-installed would be handy, as not all users have root access. Technically these aren't needed to run AppImages, only FUSE is needed for that, but they would help, as would appimaged, AppImageUpdate and AppImageLauncher (which are also in my humble opinion worthy of coming pre-installed on deepin, they don't take up an awful lot of space after all).

Snap support would be great too, although I see it as a lower priority as Snap packages, to my knowledge, cannot be installed as non-root and most packages available as Snaps are already in your store.

Thanks for your time and patience,

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
aida
deepin
2018-09-26 18:06
Thanks for your suggestion! Let's look  forwad
Reply View the author
s***[email protected]
deepin
2018-09-26 22:45
Thank for advice.