What You Want In Next Deepin (15.11) Update?
Tofloor
poster avatar
s***[email protected]
deepin
2018-09-06 03:06
Author
Edited by sarojpoudel33 at 2019-6-5 14:39

Please Vote Your Answer.  //Nepal
Release plan of deepin 15.11

Control CenterSupport different display scaling values for multiple screens, and fix the blank screen issue when setting dual screens.
Add the switch - “Join User Experience Program” to make the user needs better understood.
Support cloud synchronization of certain settings by deepin ID.
Support using keyboard to navigate and change the settings in Control Center.
Display more hardware information.
DockShow the battery remaining time and the charging time.
Window ManagerImprove the UI in KWin.
File ManagerAdd disc burning function.
Support creating shortcut for executable program manually.
Deepin StoreChange the switching method between China and International regions.
Show the total donation amount in my donations.
Other ApplicationsDeepin Movie: Support dragging and dropping the subtitle file to Deepin Movie to load it directly.
Deepin Screenshot: Remember the last storage location when saving the screenshot to the specified folder.

(Expired, see the results below)
871 users voted
1.Stability and Fast Performance(629 votes)
59 %
2.Support All Graphics Card Driver(157 votes)
15 %
3.Android Emulator Plugin(84 votes)
8 %
4.Face Unlock and Bluetooth Unlock + Security App with Cleaner(21 votes)
2 %
5.Store Application Up to date(184 votes)
17 %
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
...5 / 10
To page
SiyerBOBO
deepin
2019-02-03 23:14
In China there are saying: don't have too many irons in the fire, I more hope that the new version can solid foundation, more stable more quickly and easily, as far as possible reduce the bugs, hope deepin 16.0!
Reply View the author
jmozac
deepin
2019-02-08 00:26
i wish Deepin 16 come with kernel 4.19 > , so it will support displayport for VGA to USB Type-C
Reply View the author
pvcreator33
deepin
2019-02-08 14:35
Edited by pvcreator33 at 2019-2-8 06:37

Stability is the most important thing!

I would like to see also a second choice for dark theme like budgies' desktop dark theme OR Arc Darker gtk theme.
Something like the attachments

ps. Thank you guys for provide us the most beautiful desktop environment! Greetings from Greece

Reply View the author
keybreak
deepin
2019-02-11 06:11
Definately stability -> perfomance and only then new features
Reply View the author
Пеја
deepin
2019-02-12 02:42
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/168498
Definately stability -> perfomance and only then new features

I agree. It is common sense.
Reply View the author
joepadmiraal
deepin
2019-02-13 12:09
Of course stability, but I must say it's already super stable on my machine.
After that a more up to date kernel would also be welcome.
Reply View the author
tangjc
deepin
2019-02-19 00:12
Are you a developer?
Reply View the author
pengfd
deepin
2019-02-19 02:45
这英文看起来真累!其实我就想这系统的软件安装能更方便一些,写软件的都是程序员,没必要把用软件的人也培 ...

很多软件安装起来还是很繁琐,随便找个百度网盘下载软件,都得安装好几步。现在WINDOWS软件已经向绿色软件发展,这是趋势,安装版会占用更多的资源。
Reply View the author
cricklewood
deepin
2019-02-19 08:31
I appreciate the stability of deepin which has saved me alot of time compared to other distros but it's current kernel is not quite optimized for my Ryzen 2400G. I believe a new kernel would help improve the performance of it and solve some of the startup issues I get from time to time. Eventually deepin will have to be optimized well enough for newer generations of CPU's
Reply View the author
misaeldry
deepin
2019-02-20 17:52
I would really like more options to customize the GRUB like drag and drop themes for the boot screen. An app called deepin GRUB customizer would be a killer. I already sent my suggestion to the team!
Reply View the author
joepadmiraal
deepin
2019-03-01 22:59
Are you a developer?

Are you asking this to me?
I am a developer, but not a Deepin developer.
Reply View the author
gangbanbro
deepin
2019-03-02 01:20
当前的deepin确实已经相当好用了。甚至日常已经不想开windows了。
作为一个开发者来说。体验完全优于黑苹果和windows。
但是美中不足的还是应用,应用上的缺失让人不得不切换系统。深度商店已经做的相当好了,有了很多的应用,但是用户永远是不知道满足的!我只能说,越多,越新越好!
特别值得一提的是,linux上要是能有游戏类的适配 。甚至一部分人可以删掉windows了。比如pubg,炉石,lol等。
Reply View the author
diegor
deepin
2019-03-02 02:56
Edited by diegor at 2019-3-1 18:58

I see that today Deepin is completely stable, of course any bug fix or addition of functionality is part of the improvement of any software or system in question, but we have to always look for the future, the Deepin Kernel is very outdated leaving aside support and integration with new hardware, the system must obtain every bimonthly or quarterly update for example the standard of always using the stable version of the official kernel repositories, this makes the system more stable, secure and with better support and integration. new hardware, fixed issues, etc.

Something that we can not leave aside today is the support of video cards, whether or not, nowadays games are coming to Linux, we have to take full advantage and potential that the video card has to give comfort to the player , this brings confidence and brings more and more players to the Deepin system, but for this it is necessary to have a strong support, with options of drivers open and proprietary so that the player feels the will to choose with which best suits.

Another point that makes me angry is the lack of optimization of wifi, since the beginning of the development of deepin we have always had problems with wifi, stability, speed, signal, anyway, there are several points that I can mention that in other systems tested the wifi has a stability, a signal and a speed better than Deepin's, I do not know if it's because the kernel is old and lacking these code optimizations, but it's something to think about, since it's no use having great support for video cards. the internet oscillates and the wifi signal is always unstable, I have a samsung notebook with advanced intel 6235 intel card and I can say that in other linux systems that have been tested my internet speed is faster and I have a better signal, that is an appeal from a Deppin OS fan.
Reply View the author
keybreak
deepin
2019-03-04 06:13
If by stability you mean something like unbootable after update, than yes it's definately stable as rock!

But i mean more in sense of there are still a lot of bugs (some on surface, some more sneaky, some comes up with updates) which should be fixed, it's still a work in progress in a sense, that's why i think main focus now to become more stable and bug-free in all shapes & forms on OS level and native programs, maybe little better tested which i'm inherintly trying to help with

If you want more Modern Kernel and maybe less stable system, you can try Arch Deepin, Manjaro Deepin or even Fedora Deepin (which is in beta stage), all of them have cutting edge kernels / video drivers available, but still also may introduce some potential bugs problems
Reply View the author
hazem94
deepin
2019-03-06 05:36
1) Support using FingerPrint instead of the password
2) More support for the touchpad
Reply View the author
Comments
sarojpoudel33
2019-03-06 17:17
I'm not sure but there is support for Fingerprint.
ringo_roma_russia
deepin
2019-03-07 10:57
i need btrfs and timeshift
wireless wifi sound to smartphone
Reply View the author
marl
deepin
2019-03-13 08:22
Two more things that i would like to see.

1. Ability to group icons in the app screen. Kind like m ...

Deepin need that feature!!!
Reply View the author
thai222010
deepin
2019-03-13 13:49
I want it all
Reply View the author
iwannaziro
deepin
2019-03-13 18:50
What I would like to see improve:
  • Better laptop Battery/CPU usage - this seems to be the bane of all Linux distributions.
  • Better graphics support - of course this is dependent on the manufacutrers.
  • Application Store needs to host up to date applications than year old versions - this too is dependent on the maintainers of the application.
Reply View the author
vivaldi
deepin
2019-03-16 13:31
Edited by vivaldi at 2019-3-16 05:33

of course my vote is for fast performance. speed is only thing bothered me since i came from mx. my other ideas;

-add a feature that can allow us change between workspaces just by scrolling the mouse like in xfce, on anywhere in desktop or on 'multitasking view' icon in panel

-add monitor 'saturation' tool in control panel which any linux app doesnt has

-add SVP( www.svp-team.com ) that amazing(but hard to install) free video player ,hidden gem, to your app store.

-some softwares can consume the cpu insanely but unnecessarly(like wine,or android games in app store). give us the control in system monitor to give limit to those cpu  monsters not to use cpu in allowed amount which decided by user

-video like cool things as wallpaper.(like zorin os has)

-u series intel cpu s in notebooks has 'turbo boost mode' but not has driver in linux to run it
Reply View the author
...5 / 10
To page